Trainz websites from around the World

Frank_Dean

I am opening this thread to get the word out about some Trainz web sites from around the world.
Anyone who knows any Trainz website, is invited to post a link and perhaps a small comment.
Many sites go unnoticed and the more people know about them, the more Trainz fans will enjoy their content.

I start the thread with a site that has surprised me very positively.
It is an Italian website with a lot of content and very diverse.
To highlight:
-Steam locomotives
-Normal diesel locomotives and shunting locomotives.
-Normal and three-phase electric locomotives with special catenary for them.
-EMUs and DMUs
-Classic trams.
Summarizing almost everything is classic Italian material.

A section of the web:
https://mondosimulatoferrovie.jimdo...rrovie-private-e-in-concessione/snft-pag-1-1/
There is a lot of content to investigate.
General downloads page:
https://mondosimulatoferrovie.jimdofree.com/trainz-2012-2019-download/

An image of Italian steam locomotives.
2022-09-12-175545.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I have looking for Trenitalia rolling stock and locos that match those I travelled on in northern Italy a few years ago but I have everything I need now. These go perfectly with the Sebino Lake route.

Good idea Frank,

Similar threads have been done in the past but a fresh list is a good idea too :D

Here are some old lists, I think a lot of them are now defunct.....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154080-Obscure-fan-sites

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ropean-Steam-Locomotive&p=1755971#post1755971

Cheers,

Graham
Which is the great tragedy of third party sites, they fold, leaving the rest of us frustrated because we can no longer find the items they featured and which present as unknown Kuids. Or you have a site like trainz Italia, which is online , but which has no downloads available , despite being supposedly "restored" over a year ago, my life membership is useless at the moment and any kuids that used to be available for anyone to use freely have now disappeared down the gurgler.
I can understand why people won't upload to the DLS , but it is a total pain in the rear when their sites close their doors resulting in a never ending headache for route makers as they struggle to ensure they haven't used any non DLS content .

The problem with the DLS is that if you upload your content to it, you will always be the author in theory, but in practice your objects or trains belong to Auran or N3V for any commercial use.

I have no complaints about the DLS, all my content is in the DLS (2696 assets), but maybe they should have some prize or gift to compensate the authors who upload their content to the DLS, like points to redeem for download time express or discounts on DLC.

With some other author with whom I have spoken, they never upload their content to the DLS due to this appropriation of the content for commercial use by the owners of the game, which is why they prefer to have their own website, despite the economic expenses and the time construction and maintenance of the web.

Since the 2012 version, Tane and 2019 (68 items) have included items of mine in the game both built-in and part of built-in routes, I'm not worried, but some small gift or discount would have been nice.

That is why I understand why some authors have their own websites.

The problem with the DLS is that if you upload your content to it, you will always be the author in theory, but in practice your objects or trains belong to Auran or N3V for any commercial use.

I have no complaints about the DLS, all my content is in the DLS (2696 assets), but maybe they should have some prize or gift to compensate the authors who upload their content to the DLS, like points to redeem for download time express or discounts on DLC.

With some other author with whom I have spoken, they never upload their content to the DLS due to this appropriation of the content for commercial use by the owners of the game, which is why they prefer to have their own website, despite the economic expenses and the time construction and maintenance of the web.

Since the 2012 version, Tane and 2019 (68 items) have included items of mine in the game both built-in and part of built-in routes, I'm not worried, but some small gift or discount would have been nice.

That is why I understand why some authors have their own websites.
I am in full agreement , people should be asked permission , items should not be appropriated , it's especially annoying when you cannot change the assets once they become built in. There are so many assets that lack the ability to roll , it's such an easy attribute to add , but in countless occasions restrictions prevent one from making this very simple change which allows one to use these items in many new ways. These kuid availability problems are never going to go away as both sides will never agree on a compromise. This is a good thread, but of course it's only matter of time before half the sites listed will have disappeared and much of their content is lost. Such is life.

Last edited:
Back