Transdem and Route thumbnail

nthoresen1

Hi. I have created a route using Transdem and then importing the tracks etc as GPX files from JOSM. Im using TRS2022. The route thumbnail shows a Transdem screen. I change it, but it makes no difference. The session shows my image, but the route is either blank or shows the Transdem logo.
Any thoughts?

Niall

I was able to solve this by renaming my thumbnail image to "thumbnail.jpg" and replacing the image in the route folder.

- After creating your screen shot, open in your image-editor.
- Resize the image to 160 x 120
- Save the image as thumbnail.jpg

I put mine in a temp folder I have to make it easy to find later.

- Open Content Manager
- Right-click on your TransDem route.
- Choose Open... then Show in Explorer.

This will open up the route data folder in Windows File Explorer. You will see the data files including the config.txt file and other un-editable files.

- Copy your thumbnail.jpg and overwrite the existing TransDem generated thumbnail.
- Close the File Explorer Window
- Submit your route in Content Manager.

You should be all set.

EDIT Scrap that. Updating the thumbnail use this procedure or using the in-Surveyor under Route settings... doesn't work for these for some reason. I'm looking into this, and this may be something for a bug report.

Last edited:
Both methods mentioned by John do work. If using the in-built method in Surveyor then do remember to save the route before exiting.

Regards,

John

Hi. Thanks for this. It sort of works. I get the photo when I go edit route, but it wont show on the routes selection screen. I have tried copying the image to any relevant folders. Oh well. Not a huge issue at the moment

Hi. Thanks for this. It sort of works. I get the photo when I go edit route, but it wont show on the routes selection screen. I have tried copying the image to any relevant folders. Oh well. Not a huge issue at the moment

That's exactly what I discovered. This in my book is a bug that needs to be reported.

Isn't the large image on the route selection screen a larger size than the traditional thumbnail image?

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 512
height 384
}
}

If you use the in-built method in Surveyor then yes the thumbnail is 512x384.
My test route was created in TRS22, thumbnail from Surveyor is 512x384.
My Main Route was created in TRS19, thumbnail 240x180. Now worked on exclusively with TRS22 and thumbnail shows as expected in routes selection screen.

Niall - As a test try creating the route in TRS19. Change the thumbnail and save. Then open in TRS22. Worth a test anyway.

Regards,

John

Its all working fine now. Just had to shut down completely and restart. Correct thumbnail showing. Thanks for all your help

Its all working fine now. Just had to shut down completely and restart. Correct thumbnail showing. Thanks for all your help

Mine is working as well! I tried shutting down and restarting again yesterday but that didn't work then.

Back