restore TS12

A friend? volunteered to update and re-organise my computer. He succeeded with new versions of windows and Office BUT!!he somehow deleted TS12.!! after years of additions and extensions I almost shot him. I am very fond of TS12 and wonder how I can re-install it. My original cds don't work Can anyone help with with a fresh download? Or any other means

Thanks

Only way I could find was via Steam, even though I bought from Amazon. I really did not want to subscribe to Steam but had no choice.

I bet you won't be letting your 'friend' anywhere near your computer again. So what is the problem with your original CDs? I've found that some drives will read Trainz CDs/DVDs and others won't. I guess you don't want to hear this, but it's a really good idea to backup your Trainz installs to an external hard drive.

I still have my original TS2012 install I purchased as a digital download from N3V, but I have a copy from Steam as well. It works much the same and I've not had any issues with it.

HI,
iirc, some of the dvds were ok for content, but the install program wouldn’t run from the dvd.
one cure is to copy the whole dvd into a directory on the c:/ drive and run from there.

another possibility is that your security software is set to prohibit run access from dvds.

colin

Back