Free DLC after the Queen's death

dtw11542

Where will you find the free DLC as promised following the death of Queen Elizabeth 11.

REMEMBERING QUEEN ELIZABETH II
xDyfFGacYMAgd--PMkfyKlfPa9G5kM6jmqzwZzYzAAGHsu7Y9ToTrKM4Z8I4DpwCuDBCvl1xfQjpZ6HWYGgz8AEuWfTi2Y81brKvRODJrlz00kyUt--lJYj6md61cCiGt3BZiuMwGjB0wQO-Lc6Uuw4X-d365NlKvqG5HRg2AbUoFsQAnA=s0-d-e1-ft
In commemoration of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Britain's longest reigning monarch, we're giving all Trainz users a free copy of the LMS Coronation Scot DLC pack.

This train was introduced when her father became King in 1937 and our DLC pack includes 4 different liveries and a full set of passenger cars.

To get your free train, just log in to the Trainz Store and use the 100% off discount code "QEII". Offer ends Sept 16.

I have been on the store but could not find it.

Last edited:
Not quiet exactly as you said but it did work this time. Yesterday nothing happened at all. Thanks for replying.

I guess it is a nice gesture by N3V and totally understandable as they are a business that needs to make a profit but giving away content created for TS2009/TS10 that many of us already own? But hey at least the cheap users that don't buy DLC even when it is on sale often for a few dollars are happy.

I guess it is a nice gesture by N3V and totally understandable as they are a business that needs to make a profit but giving away content created for TS2009/TS10 that many of us already own? But hey at least the cheap users that don't buy DLC even when it is on sale often for a few dollars are happy.
Perhaps many but not everyone owns it.
So those who don't buy DLC are cheap users? Perhaps they are not interested in what is offered or they make their own and don't need any DLC or for any other reasons.

Don't label people who don't buy DLC , I never buy DLC because I model US narrow gauge , as far as I know there never been any DLC that is available in that area. In addition I've never seen any DLC that interests me or could be of any use in any of my routes. If NV3 brought out some decent western accessories I'd be the first to get them, but it's always the same old same old , which is of no interest to me whatsoever.

Last edited:
Well I am one of the "cheap" users.

Thank you N3V for the LMS Coronation DLC. The DLC being available for us to obtain is a lovely gesture in rememberance of Queen Elizabeth II ( :'( ).

I must admit that I wait for the sales, cheap users that don't buy DLC even when it is on sale often for a few dollars, but I feel like I have been waiting all year. When was the last time N3V threw a sale? I would like to buy more Canadian Rockies routes, as well as some of the newer rolling stock, but it adds up pretty fast when it is not on sale, so I end up just waiting. Most of the holidays this year (US and UK) seem to have gone by with no sales I can remember.

This is not the first DLC with a limited time free offer I ever collected and some of you may remember when the Blue Comet DLC was free at one point (or several years ago). I do like the set despite not being a big LMS fan (especially prewar era) like I am with LNER, but my favorite locos from the set are the red ones like the real life 6229 Duchess of Hamilton over at the NRM. I usually feel the same as dangavel even though I'm personally not a fan of NG stuff. This is probably going to just like my copy of the Blue Comet where I might eventually lose interest sooner or later.

Also, I just made a consist file for the red version of the Coronation Scot which will be on the DLS pretty soon! N3V should've made the red version of the Coronation Scot coaches, but used mostly magandy's CS coaches although the red is brighter on his than on the red CS engine.

Last edited:
There was a Christmas sale. I bought 5 routes and about 6 locos.

If you don't download DLC because it doesn't interest you then you wouldn't download it now, right? Fair enough but this item has been as much as 85% off several times over the years. What is a few bucks to help keep N3V in business.

Back in 2008 and 2009 when this item and others DLC packages were offered for sale, N3V was really struggling to keep the Trainz franchise alive after Auran went under due to the Fury disaster. I was a beta tester for TS2009, TS10 and TS12 and as such got free copies but I still bought the retail releases. In the case of TS12, I bought it both from N3V and from Steam. I also bought all the available DLC packages too. Back then many freeware creators that had websites had a button to donate to them. I was more than willing to donate $20 or $30 to the ones that made the items I enjoyed and always received a note from them expressing gratitude for the donation. I was often surprised to learn that I was the first person to ever make a donation above $1.

So yes, I feel perfectly comfortable using the word "cheap."

There was a Christmas sale. I bought 5 routes and about 6 locos.

If you don't download DLC because it doesn't interest you then you wouldn't download it now, right? Fair enough but this item has been as much as 85% off several times over the years. What is a few bucks to help keep N3V in business.

Back in 2008 and 2009 when this item and others DLC packages were offered for sale, N3V was really struggling to keep the Trainz franchise alive after Auran went under due to the Fury disaster. I was a beta tester for TS2009, TS10 and TS12 and as such got free copies but I still bought the retail releases. In the case of TS12, I bought it both from N3V and from Steam. I also bought all the available DLC packages too. Back then many freeware creators that had websites had a button to donate to them. I was more than willing to donate $20 or $30 to the ones that made the items I enjoyed and always received a note from them expressing gratitude for the donation. I was often surprised to learn that I was the first person to ever make a donation above $1.

So yes, I feel perfectly comfortable using the word "cheap."
So if we don't buy stuff that we will never ever use from NV3 we are cheapskates? I supported kickstarter For Tane and Ive bought versions of Trainz I havent used for years just to support NV3 but i am NOT buying DLC that I have zero use for, you might think i'm a cheapskate, but in that case, I'm perfectly comfortable using the word 'arrogantly judgemental " to describe your comment . I had no idea that NV3 was a charity .

NV3 probably has the most long suffering set of users I've come across in the computing world. its a constant parade of reoccurring problems and issues for users and there seems no end to the obstacles to creation that each new version presents us with . if the company can only exist if we buy stuff we don't need to use , then one can only assume that they really haven't got a very good business plan, as we witness with 2022, which really offers very little and which has been under development for years. I haven't bought it yet as NV3 refuses to support the last version of 2019 that will run on my mac , so they essentially are forcing me to upgrade my computer because they decided SP1 2019 isnt worth their while troubleshooting anymore.

It would cost me $3600 to upgrade to get similar performance from a new mac or $2000 for a new PC, There are limits to my generosity when it comes a company which refuse to support a three year old version of their program. They similarly refused to support me when i tried to use a gtx 970 with my mac, because it wasnt standard,that cost me $450 bucks--- a complete waste as i only bought it to use with trainz, ( and trainz was the only program with which it would not work !.
I think I do my bit supporting NV3 by making many freeware assets and routes, free DLS content is one of the biggest advantages to using trainz, we all do what we can or wish to do.
Your comment also avoids the issue that many of NV3s many of its user base are old or very young, neither of which is often well heeled, I suppose that they are all cheapskates too? .

Last edited:
I've tried to log into the Trainz Store to buy the free Coronation Scot DLC but it is not logging me in, I just get taken back to the login prompt. If I type the wrong password I get a red access denied message as opposed to returning the prompt with the right details so the username/password itself are not the problem.

I have changed the password to something completely different and tried again abut that makes no difference. I have even tried it in Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome but that also makes no difference. It's not a very good of trying to get people to buy DLC!
It says underneath the login but I already tried that.

NOTICE
We are aware of an issue affecting a small number of people unable to login to the store and are currently looking into how to resolve this.

If you get returned to the login form after attempting a login please try changing your password in
MyTrainz
to force a resync to the store. (you can change the password back again immediately).

1. Login to your mytrainz account
  2. Go to "My Account" -> "Edit Password"
  3. Change your password.
  4. Either change your password back again or use the new one to login to the store.

Back