TANE cameras can't be moved or deleted.

JonMyrlennBailey

I can only delete a camera by deleting the entire layer it is in and all other cameras/spheres in that same layer as well. This is the fishlips island route started in TANE and has had wireframe grid visibilty issues as well. I can still add cameras and position them right at the time they are added and chose between Static and Tracking but I can't edit them later on after they are already placed and the Add Camera function is deselected. I can delete the camera I just added by using UNDO but that is it. Is there a fix for long-term "camera freeze"?

Last edited:
Are you positioned vertically above the camera and clicking the camera box (not its vision field pyramid) when you are using the Delete Camera tool? It works for me in my copy of Trainz, even on a highly over-populated, many-layered route in T:ANE.

I can't reproduce any of that.

Have you tried copy/paste of a small square of blank terrain onto the ground vertically below the camera (paste only the terrain - not objects, splines, textures)? That too deletes a camera in my experience.

I can't reproduce any of that.

Have you tried copy/paste of a small square of blank terrain onto the ground vertically below the camera (paste only the terrain - not objects, splines, textures)? That too deletes a camera in my experience.

No, I haven't tried that and one would not want to do that unless the ground is flat anyway.

Sorry, I wrote that wrongly.

Should have said paste with only the Objects button active, all others including terrain, inactive. The area involved in the copy/paste need only be 1 grid unit in size to minimize “collateral damage” to other objects. Go ahead and try it on one camera, you have nothing to lose.

If it doesn't work, then try the same process on a normal Scenery object. If that fails too, then I suspect there are big problems with at least that route map. If the copy/paste deletion technique fails in other routes too, then there might be a wider problem with your install of T:ANE.

Last edited:
Back