'19 Updates

rick1958

It appears my Trainz has entered into a Stalemate. I have routes that have missing assets. When I do a KUID Index search, it tells me those assets are built-in SP2. BUT!.... when I tell '19 to look for updates, it tells me none are available. :(
I'm running Platinum 117009. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Your build number is SP5, so there are no further updates. Maybe list some of the KUIDS it says are built-in to SP2? I have the same build as you, so I am curious about these missing assets.

Possibly not builtin but Payware or packaged DLC, don't think the KUID Index can differentiate between between Payware, Packaged and Builtins!

Platinum on a clean install only has KS2 actually built in, the rest that Platinum entitles you to, has to be downloaded from the content store, Manage Content can only find updates for things that are actually installed.

So the problem may be due to what you haven't installed in Platinum from the Content store from the Purchased tab, lot more in TRS19 Platinum than there is in TRS19 but it needs installing.

KUID might help to track down where they actually are?

It would be immensely helpful if N3V posted lists of package content KUIDs. That way one could see what package a certain kuid is held.

this has been requested before and no result.

Unfortunately far too much time is spent “finding” missing assets than enjoying the game.

- wmm1216

It would be immensely helpful if N3V posted lists of package content KUIDs. That way one could see what package a certain kuid is held.
- wmm1216

DLC packages from N3V contain all the assets needed inside the package. Once installed you can go to the Content Manager and list depedancies of the route. You should never have to go looking for missing assets.

Thanks Everyone for the input. I simply deleted the missing content. Nothing exploded, so I guess all is well:eek::D

Ok...This is irritating... I just Downloaded the New Phillips 2ft route. As far as vegetation, I now have a light green golf course with a few pine trees. I'm assumming all the remianing vegetation is in the 29 missing assists. I didn't check each one, but I randomly picked about a half dozen and each was an sp2 asset. I was told my build is sp5.
I sure don't want to install all the routes that came with Platinum to get these assets especially when that may or may not even be the solution. Frustrating!

DLC packages from N3V contain all the assets needed inside the package. Once installed you can go to the Content Manager and list depedancies of the route. You should never have to go looking for missing assets.

You must be running an alternative program or perhaps inhabit a parallel universe , unknown asserts are an almost ubiquitous feature in trainz. If they had a decent marketing plan they could advertise them as a major feature :), you can spin almost anything if you pitch it right
" Can you solve the mystery of the Daily disappearing kuids? Only trainz can help fight senility by keeping your mind alert as you trawl endlessly to find those pesky " unknown assets " , hours of endless fun for seniors and teens alike !!!!!!!

Last edited:
What about the problem of assets disappearing due to site closings? Backshop, Control Point Simulations, USLW, etc. The assets aren't always reuploaded elsewhere so you are stuck unless you can figure out what the missing assets are and replace them in the kuid table or ask the author if they are available somewhere. Like if you download a route and it has missing assets that can't be found because the site they were on went belly up and wayback doesn't always work to download assets from defunct sites.

Back