Train-Breaking Script Bug

I've just moved to Trainz 2022, and several of my rolling stock have scripted liveries. When I try to use them, I get a error 'ER_NullReference' at Line 105 of superstub.gse. This in turn messes with the train, as the driver is not inserted into the locomotive, and any other scripting on the train refuses to run. Is there a way around this, or am I going to be reduced to using non-scripted rolling stock?

trs22_2022_09_08_17_23_14_398_by_wildnorwester_dfcy95h-pre.jpg

Last edited:
There are many 100's if not 1000's of assets similarly affected. As you may know, the Superscript/Superstub creator Andi Smith, passed away some years ago and his assets are unsupported. N3V disabled some non supported functionality but the new TS22 validation is now causing run-time errors such as yours.

The CRG is currently looking at whether these assets can be repaired but, since others have already tried this and backed out, there isn't much confidence of a good outcome at present. In any case this will take time and probably months.

You could disable the script in your assets if the result is still usable. A livery swap may not be suitable.

Another option is to replace the script with either one of your own or another script library. The second option might be something the CRG might consider making.

Sorry for the bad news but that's the way it is at present. It would be nice if N3V announced their intentions, if any.

Thanks for letting me know. I've come up with a workaround - decoupling the assets in Surveyor, then coupling in Driver. Seems the validation only runs at the start. It'll work for my purposes. Just one more little foible I have to work around.

I tried looking at the Superscript code library, but it's built-in and encrypted as a .gse file. If it were in plaintext as a .gs, I'd have a go at it myself.

Thanks for letting me know. I've come up with a workaround - decoupling the assets in Surveyor, then coupling in Driver. Seems the validation only runs at the start. It'll work for my purposes. Just one more little foible I have to work around.

I tried looking at the Superscript code library, but it's built-in and encrypted as a .gse file. If it were in plaintext as a .gs, I'd have a go at it myself.

It's big and complex. I understand Andi06 was not a professional programmer and his scripts are not easy to work on. Additionally N3V have made some changes to superscript. My suggestion would be to use something else.

Cheerio John

It's big and complex. I understand Andi06 was not a professional programmer and his scripts are not easy to work on. Additionally N3V have made some changes to superscript. My suggestion would be to use something else.

Cheerio John

Superscript is a toolbox of different capabilities. One of the problems is finding the right assets to test.

Back