nv3'S Recommendations aint worth a hill of beans.

Splines might be a different matter, as Basemaps come under Objects. The only thing that I might experiment with, based on your experience with splines is to initially move up and back down again on placement, see if that sets the height. Daft thing is, the bug is entirely random as you can lift loads of terrain on the area covered by the Basemap, nothing happens. Go back and do another bit and up it goes.

A long term solution would be hi-res mapping/plan drawing on the terrain itself which would eliminate the need for basemaps entirely, just import the plan directly from bmp or jpg. Maybe in TRS2028...

you can lift loads of terrain on the area covered by the Basemap, nothing happens. Go back and do another bit and up it goes.

Its been years (TRS2006?) since I used basemapz so I cannot comment on any differences that may exist in the current release of Trainz but I do recall a similar problem back then. If I recall correctly, I discovered that basemapz seem to have a "hot spot", perhaps where its "centre of gravity", for want of a better term, resides. In the same way that when you rotate some objects the center of rotation is many metres outside the object itself - my guess is that that was the centre of the objects mesh when it was created.

I recall that if you raised the terrain under this "hot spot" the basemapz object was also raised. Raise it somewhere else and it was not affected.

My recollections anyway.

I put in a ticket to ask why we don't have access to what ever build we want and.....

First of all you need to save both your Trainz install folder and its data folder to an external hard drive. I normally use a small Western Digital SSD external hard drive for making transfers like this. The data folder might be a bit tricky to find if you let it take the default situation during installation instead of setting that option yourself. The default location can be found by following this path: Local Disc (c) -> Users -> Owner ->App Data -> Local -> N3V Games -> trs19.
I never use the default location and always specify the same drive as the Trainz install is on.

Depending on how large your Data folder is it might take a while to copy across to the external hard drive so go and make a cup of tea or coffee while you wait.

Once the two folders are copied over you can take the external hard drive over to the computer you want to load them into and copy and paste them onto your hard drive of choice. This might also take a while.

Once everything is loaded in click on the yellow fast cheese Trainz icon in the install folder and you'll get the usual new install performance options menu. When the Train start menu box appears go immediately into settings and specify where the data folder you transferred over is. Do not forget to do this!
After that enter your login name and password and exit the settings menu. You will need to close the Trainz start menu as well.

Now you can setup your desktop icon and click on it to start Trainz.

I got a reply back:

"Hello Willy,

This may or may not help you: https://dl1.n3vgames.com/Installers/TRS19/SP2/TRS19-SP2-Online-Installer.exe"

I had not gotten to my granddaughter's to get additional data from her comp. but I used the above installer and now I can make changes to my session and the tracks are not broken after saving.

Maybe now I can backup what I got on another drive and be able to restore as you describe if necessary!

I'm a happy boy, I'm a happy boy...ain't it good when things are going your way - hey, hey!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Yet again I've lost about an hour or sos work, saved to CDP , deleted version with missing work and installed backup, its still missing , so the damage is being done during the save process.

Back