Trainz Plus Beta update - PC #118872 PC Steam #118869 MAC #118870

n3v_laurence

Hi folks, we have a minor update which resolves the crashes due to high Hz audio settings and includes other audio improvements

This is a 30MB update.

If you want to use the live version and the beta server, you will need to have two builds installed with two different local data folders.

Please use this link to report bugs https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Available Builds:
Trainz Plus Beta PC 118660 to Trainz Plus Beta PC 118872 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream
Trainz Plus Beta MAC 118533 to Trainz Plus Beta MAC 118870 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream
Trainz Plus Beta PC STEAM 118523 to Trainz Plus Beta PC STEAM 118869 - Steam Betas [Trainzplusbeta]

For Steam beta access, go to properties > Betas > Enter beta code “trainzplusbeta1” and click on Check Code. Then select trainzplusbeta from the dropdown listing to update.

Key Features:
- Fix for Audio related Crashes
- Audio Directional Improvements
- Content Package Palette Fixes

Change Log:
- Fix for the high Hz settings Crash
- Directional Audio fix for Chase Cam
- Fix for Content Packages selection when using Share Route
- Additional updates of DLC for Content Packages Palette
- Other Minor MPS Fixes

Known Issues:
- DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data. clicking retry will ignore the error and proceed to complete installation
- Mouse cursor will disappear while holding RMB during a window prompt - work around release RMB and press and hold while moving mouse to return
- MPS - Area Locking privileges not working as intended on Shared Routes (non-route-owners)
- MPS - Layers creation appear to be temporarily created when they shouldn't be

Last edited:
Update was fast and successful. No new issues found. All my routes worked as expected. Didn't see any change in the audio (mine always worked). Will run more routes tomorrow to see if I see any improvements in the directional sound.

The improvements will be more apparent for those using headphones and enable spatial sound with Windows Sonic. This is one of the benefits of the XAudio2 change and recommended for any headphones user.

I have a 5.1 sound system with an externe Creative Sound Blaster card. The sound is worse than in the first versions of TRS22 or of TRS19. If the train is driving from the left to the right of the monitor, or vice versa, the change of the sound from the middle front speaker to the left or right one is to sluggish. The locomotive has disappeard on the side for a long time, before the sound left the middle front speaker for the right or left front speaker.

Regards
Swordfish

It would be interesting to see a video with sounds before and after the update. Has anything really changed?

TY Laurence, update was fast
guess it was more audio and mps related

Please if you can work on:
-Scripted Driver minimap not working correct (check bug report)
-Mouse movement in Driver too coarse, and no setting to adjust it
-S2 has a new menu, but many more important S2 interface issues not improved
-wheelslip light not working? (check bug report)
-Still merge window the size of a stamp
-Still no key new feature that is not in TRS19 (no unique selling point)
-Passengers are totally dark at night
-Schwaninger land is lovely, but has no car traffic
-unneeded popups when the camera changes
-Features never finished/used, TNI, Phys-X, new water, PBR ground height and Cab artifacts
-Content Store, no good filtering, or tabs
-TCCP, takes too long and in my eyes not really fair to content creators
-No user friendly way to restore a backup
-too many broken scripts and timeouts

Still love Trainz, but not a good sign if I still prefer Build 100240 over build 118872
good luck developing
greetings GM

Crash on startup fixed, Audio sounds fine to me actually seems a bit fuller, whatever, it's working.

There is a very noticeable improvement in the Sound.
I have 2 MKVI Monorail Cabs Cab1 and cab2 with 4 Cars in between, and now the sound is very smooth between the two Cabs, and a Very good Stereo effect can now be heard from Cab1 and cab2 as their Sounds are just a different Pitch to keep them separated from a binaural distortion. Also has a much smoother Camera movement of Sound from one Cab to the other.
Creative Labs AE-5 Plus Sound card
Thank You N3V for this Sound update.

Last edited:
I use the Realtek (R) audio card. In the game settings I have "Enable 3D sound effect" enabled.

After several hours of running routes in build 118872 and comparing this to the same routes in TRS19 I would agree that the sound is better. It seems to have better presence and spatial accuracy. Also, the engine sound going around the curves has less of the distortion then in previous build and version.

I couldn't spot much of a difference between this and previous beta build, but there is a noticeable improvement with the audio over the official build release - difficult to describe, but sounds almost 'live' (a hint of an echo) which I quite like.

Well done N3V.

Paul

TY Laurence, update was fast
guess it was more audio and mps related

Please if you can work on:
-Scripted Driver minimap not working correct (check bug report)
-Mouse movement in Driver too coarse, and no setting to adjust it
-S2 has a new menu, but many more important S2 interface issues not improved
-wheelslip light not working? (check bug report)
-Still merge window the size of a stamp
-Still no key new feature that is not in TRS19 (no unique selling point)
-Passengers are totally dark at night
-Schwaninger land is lovely, but has no car traffic
-unneeded popups when the camera changes
-Features never finished/used, TNI, Phys-X, new water, PBR ground height and Cab artifacts
-Content Store, no good filtering, or tabs
-TCCP, takes too long and in my eyes not really fair to content creators
-No user friendly way to restore a backup
-too many broken scripts and timeouts

My Concern also.
-Passengers still dark at night!:(
Easy fix if there were .im files instead of that un-editable trainz.mesh files.

The .im file you can just increase the Emissive color settings to make the lamp up at night.
Trainz.mesh file need to not be used!!
Unless the assets is done correctly the first time, if not then it stays broken, or bugged as it can not be edited again with a trainz.mesh format.
-Unneeded popups when the camera changes (annoying):confused:

G.M.'s
All others listed issues are also important.
Kind Regards!
:)

Last edited:
Started a new session in TRS22+ on a test route made 2 year ago in TRS19

The Edit Session screen showed this:
-Driver Setup shows a text (complete was-complete) ?
-QuickDrive rule shows a text (complete was-complete) ?
-Consistdatahandler rule with a red X and says its no longer fun
-Interlocking Tower Path etc, sure it is cool for some,
but I have never used or needed it ever.

not only is it confusing(not only to me), but it looks like an unfinished product

<kuid:401543:1180> ConsistDataHandler rule - Auran, base, Obsolete

They do not say what to use now.. I do show it's still valid in TANE, but TRS19 SP5 and Trainz+ show obsolete

Code:
string-table
{
  description                           "Obsolete- This rule no longer provides any function"
  html-obsolete                         "This is an obsolete helper rule, formerly used by the Quickdrive rule. It no longer serves any purpose and can be safely removed from any Sessions you find it in."
}

I think the fact that you now have access to "Edit Train" while in Driver is the replacement.

I just check and the quickdrive sessions check the Edit Train command in the menu so it is opened for the player to add any item of rolling stock or consist. The other functions available from the old quick drive panel are available under the window menu > session options. And if you check to automatically add drivers to trains in the session setup then a driver is assigned to the locomotive. Not sure if the player can manual choose a unassigned driver manually but that might be possible if you can add unassigned drivers to a session setup. I've never had a reason to do that before.

Last edited:
I think the fact that you now have access to "Edit Train" while in Driver is the replacement.

I just check and the quickdrive sessions check the Edit Train command in the menu so it is opened for the player to add any item of rolling stock or consist. The other functions available from the old quick drive panel are available under the window menu > session options. And if you check to automatically add drivers to trains in the session setup then a driver is assigned to the locomotive. Not sure if the player can manual choose a unassigned driver manually but that might be possible if you can add unassigned drivers to a session setup. I've never had a reason to do that before.

I always included a few unassigned drivers in my sessions in case I wanted to drive a train I had no driver setup in when I created the session and today that function is obsolete as well in the Quick Drive setup along with the consist handler, and ability to switch controls since all of that is built-in unless overridden by the session author.

Back