BCrail C40-8CM/C40-8M

CSXguy3497

Trainz Route Builder
I have noticed screenshots and videos of quite high-quality BCrail C40-8CMs. Unfortunately, after some digging, I have been unable to locate them. Anybody know where they came from?

I have noticed screenshots and videos of quite high-quality BCrail C40-8CMs. Unfortunately, after some digging, I have been unable to locate them. Anybody know where they came from?

I know very little about them, but from what I can gather they are 'private models.' The creator likely shared them with others and it spread from there. This is likely also the case with many other Trainz models like the MLW C630s (not M), certain GN GP30s, ET44AC kitbashes and other reskins of payware that were shared around. I don't advise searching around for them or begging for them, but eventually someone will do them better, it's just a matter of when.

Many are personal reskins which are inappropriate to redistribute. I downloaded the RS18 from the DLS and went from there on my own to reskin the rest. I don't mind because I actually spend more time in PaintShop and Surveyor than Driver mode to catch the attention to details.

Try reskins if you might and good luck in your quest!

bcr_locos.jpg

I know very little about them, but from what I can gather they are 'private models.' The creator likely shared them with others and it spread from there. This is likely also the case with many other Trainz models like the MLW C630s (not M), certain GN GP30s, ET44AC kitbashes and other reskins of payware that were shared around. I don't advise searching around for them or begging for them, but eventually someone will do them better, it's just a matter of when.

This isn't completely one of those situations (though I believe there were leaks as well IIRC), the creator of the model for a time was selling them as an "as is" directly to users. As of last I heard (after buying them myself) he is no longer selling the model.
They are an incomplete project that the creator sold "as is" so you need to figure out yourself how to get them to work with appropriate sounds, have a cab etc. Which if you know what your are doing is no issue.

The C-40-8M the OP is referring to is more "modern" 3D model closer to current JR/RR mods visuals compared to the 2014 DLS model.

This isn't completely one of those situations (though I believe there were leaks as well IIRC), the creator of the model for a time was selling them as an "as is" directly to users. As of last I heard (after buying them myself) he is no longer selling the model.
They are an incomplete project that the creator sold "as is" so you need to figure out yourself how to get them to work with appropriate sounds, have a cab etc. Which if you know what your are doing is no issue.

Ah, well I guess that solves that part. Wish I could get ahold of one sometime, but I'm content with waiting for RRMods/JR to make one.

The C-40-8M the OP is referring to is more "modern" 3D model closer to current JR/RR mods visuals compared to the 2014 DLS model.

This thing, I would assume. Got this shot off the internet.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah, well I guess that solves that part. Wish I could get ahold of one sometime, but I'm content with waiting for RRMods/JR to make one.

This thing, I would assume. Got this shot off the internet.

maxresdefault.jpg
I have no idea why it didn't send, but I tried to send a message about this yesterday. That can be found on the trainzand.ru site, with the link below. It doesn't have a cab, which is weird, but besides that it's a great model.
https://trainzland.ru/kuid/525618:100022

Back