YN3 SD50 issues

Lazydriver

So I’m having trouble with my JR YN3 SD50 and it’s engine. It says it’s faulty due to a missing thumbnail. How should I go about fixing this?

Add this to the config file.

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

And then find a pic for the asset by taking a screen shot of the asset in surveyor, then resize it to 240 by 180 and add the name to the .jpg.
Example Screenshot.jpg or thumbnail.jpg

Since no information on kuid was supplied, i can only check my copies against TANE and TS19.
<kuid2:45324:100428:1> CSX SD50 (YN3) works fine and doesnt show a faulty due to a thumbnail issue.

Are you potentially using a very old downloadable copy of this file or a more recent download? We don't miss a thumbnail on something like this as we test things to make sure they arent faulty before being provided.

Odd for JR not to include a thumbnail.

Yeah, that sounds fishy to me too. I just installed every item of freeware on their site into TANE and none showed a screenshot error. This sounds very much like the other thread about script errors in mysterious .2 versions that aren't on the DLS or their site. Is someone distributing bogus JR content?

Yeah, that sounds fishy to me too. I just installed every item of freeware on their site into TANE and none showed a screenshot error. This sounds very much like the other thread about script errors in mysterious .2 versions that aren't on the DLS or their site. Is someone distributing bogus JR content?

It does raise questions. There is no chance that the item in question was ever released without a thumbnail. There's just some part of the story we are not being told.

That item does not appear to be freeware either, but payware, which probably means it had to go through more extensive verifications.

Odd for JR not to include a thumbnail.

Yeah, that raises some questions for me. In my opinion, seeing as JR would never release something with those issues, I believe the OP may have obtained a copy illegally that just so happened to not have a thumbnail. But how? Nobody on the JR team (AFAIK) would risk distributing the site's payware content, and the model was never publicly available until the release date, so that raises questions as to how the OP would have obtained such a copy, assuming that he did in fact get the locomotive using illegal methods.

If, on the other hand, the OP did NOT illegally obtain the locomotive, then the locomotive must've slipped through at release with a missing thumbnail and the OP bought it right when it was released. It happens.

Yeah, that raises some questions for me. In my opinion, seeing as JR would never release something with those issues, I believe the OP may have obtained a copy illegally that just so happened to not have a thumbnail. But how? Nobody on the JR team (AFAIK) would risk distributing the site's payware content, and the model was never publicly available until the release date, so that raises questions as to how the OP would have obtained such a copy, assuming that he did in fact get the locomotive using illegal methods.

If, on the other hand, the OP did NOT illegally obtain the locomotive, then the locomotive must've slipped through at release with a missing thumbnail and the OP bought it right when it was released. It happens.

You know you don't have to comment on every post especially when you have nothing (factual) to add.

Anyways... I bought this day of release with no issues besides having to search for the cab.

More likely issue is a faulty download or Pirate copy thankfully JR allows unlimited downloads or legit buyers, I know I have had to delete a download and re-try a few times. (IIRC it was when I did multiple purchases such as during a sale.)

So, to the OP just login and redownload.

Last edited:
It does raise questions. There is no chance that the item in question was ever released without a thumbnail. There's just some part of the story we are not being told.

Justin, I have in Trainz Plus the DLC package Shortline Railroad installed. Several of the included sessions include a good amount of JR rolling stock from current and past members which are marked as Packaged. I wonder if any of it has been modified to go in the DLC package?

this was a recent purchase, bought it on the same day I asked the question

make sure you are patched to the current version of whatever you are attempting to use this in which i dont believe was mentioned. Then try and see if its all functional then.

Back