Content Manager symbols next to the asset names

If you have the "Type" column in your CM, then you can just compare across and see what each one is. The big exception seems to be type "train", which appears to have different symbols for different types of locos as well as rolling stock.

Content Manager

In TRS 19 the Content Manager lists the name of an asset and small icons in the left-hand column. Could someone explain what the small icons mean, Thank you.

Icons should be designed in such a way, that it is clear for every user no matter what native language
That we have this thread makes me wonder, if these icons actually contribute
Personally as longtime trainz user have no trouble with them,
but don't look at them and don't miss them if they are not there

-the scenery icon, could be a house (it is for a building only atm)
-drivers do not have their own icon (FI a head)
-tunnels don't have a distinct icon (bridges do)
greetings GM

I have no problems with the icons and I find them a handy reference but it took me a while to work out all their meanings, and there are a few of the rarer ones that still puzzle me.

I don't know if it would be feasible or practical to have a large number of different types, given their small sizes.

Yes, you can simply look at the Type column to get a more accurate answer but I don't always have that column visible.

PapaCharlie62,

I'm not seeing icons in my TRS19 (sp1) CM. But I've seen them in other versions of the program. Does a label pop up when you hover the mouse pointer over them? Like pware, I don't refer to the icons very much and am only familiar with about four versions of the icon(s).

PapaCharlie62,

I'm not seeing icons in my TRS19 (sp1) CM. But I've seen them in other versions of the program. Does a label pop up when you hover the mouse pointer over them? Like pware, I don't refer to the icons very much and am only familiar with about four versions of the icon(s).

In the latest version of TS19 and TS22 next to the name shows icons which makes a quick glance at the assets you kinda know what they are.

I have no problems with the icons and I find them a handy reference but it took me a while to work out all their meanings, and there are a few of the rarer ones that still puzzle me....

I don't find them intuitive. There are several different icons for trains. The building one is actually a track object of Kind Buildable. The scenery one looks like a piece from a jigsaw puzzle. And the train component looks a bit like a computer chip.

So, I look in the Type column which, of course, is usually hidden over to the right.

Sometimes, I even read the name. :eek:

Back