PLEASE REMOVE MY THREADS FROM THIS FORUM

HillbillyHobo

"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"

I need whoever is in charge here to remove all my threads from the forum. I no longer have any patience for this 'removal of kuid' BS, causing my routes not to work, just because the game is getting old.

It's funny how the makers can't take our money we spend on this game, and make a bigger data base for all to use, but wants us to keep spending money buying new software from them...Really? That's like paying full price to go to Disney World, to find out half of the rides are not working.

I have grown so tired of trying to play catch-up in this extortion-like game world. First, they took away XP, now you have to join an on-line organization to download any games, and they also have access to your computer as well. I don't like being forced to do something.

There is no reason to not to keep these kuids from older games on the download manager, as more space can always be made to keep them on file.
This has caused me many headaches, putting all this time into a layout, only to find it doesn't upload because TRAINZ has decided to remove many kuids used in TRS12. I had the same problem with TRS10, and by the time I get around to getting TRS19, it will start having missing kuids as well I'm sure.

To me, the only reason for removing older kuids, is to force me into buying a later Trainz softwares, which to me is extortion, and I don't sit well with that.

I paid TRAINZ to download TRS12, but now my buying the game doesn't count for crap, as they have the power to do what they want, and there is nothing I can do about.

But there is....I just will not be doing anymore layouts, and will not be buying any future games from here either.

It is sad to see that TRAINZ has joined forces with the rest of the greedy industry, and their extortion tactics. I got this game because I thought it would be fun to design layouts, but where's the fun in having your game not upload because someone decided to remove your kuids from the game? Doesn't make it fun no more. So I'm calling it quits now.

I guess I will not be seeing you all around the bend. :(

TS12 is 10 year old software, N3V have not removed anything from the DLS other than illegal clones or unauthorised reskins, TS12 is still working perfectly here, nothing missing.

It's got nothing to do with extortion. Software companies do not last long if they never produce new versions, they go bust, it's thanks to those of us who actually buy newer versions that those who won't or can't afford to upgrade still have a version of Trainz that they can use. There are quite a few people in the UK still using TS12 without many problems.
What kuids are you saying have been removed? If TS12 is only showing newer incompatible versions try right click, list asset versions, find one with a TS12 build and right click download this version.

If a kuid is not showing at all try searching that kuid, it may well then appear, or try the online DLS and get the kuid from there, downloading from the Web DLS is now difficult as all major browsers have all disabled FTP downloads and you need to install an FTP client such as WinSCP or Fliezilla, Easier is to use The Pale Moon browser which is one of a small number of browsers that supports FTP where you can still download from the Web DLS without having to use add-on programs.

All old content is still on the download station. Go to MyTrainz at the top of this page and select download station. You show as having 8 assets uploaded. I used Tane and downloaded the oldest route and found missing assets were Sir Gibby and 2 assets had version 127 which is an incorrect number as they are not kuid2 assets. a lot of other assets show as 3.8 and above in Tane. Some of those assets may be built-in ones from TS12 or TS10 but upgraded for later versions.

This is the message I'm getting when I try loading...

Error: Unexpected files encountered while creating database entry for <kuid:877185:100965>. Trainz Asset Database may need repair.
Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid:877185:100965> due to database access error

It is showing me kuids I need to download like logsets, which have already been downloaded. I have went in a redownloaded and committed each kuid. I have did 2 extended repairs. My route is showing as 18 MB, which can't be right, being it's smaller than phase 1. I left it last night telling me it's uploading, and this morning nothing has been loaded, the bar is still empty.

I design BLITZKIEG layouts, and write lua scripts for these games, so I'm not an idiot when it comes to doing what needs to be done. I have done what is needed to upload, but it will not upload

If TRS12 has everything loaded on the DS, then why isn't it loading?

If each software had it's own DS, you could have a Downloader page with tabs to take you to the DS of your software. Then there would be no problems. You do your layout, and upload it, and people with that software, can download with no problem, instead it's just everything crammed into 1 DS like a bad traffic jam.

I did everything I could to get this route uploaded. I have no patience, when it a company can't get their stuff right. I have never had a game that has had so many faults about it. All you have to do is read the forum headers that read No sound, kuids missing, error messesages etc., to know someone is screwing up.

I have no beef with anyone on here, my beef is toward the creators. You know, the ones we are supporting. The ones who take our money, but don't fix the problems.

I really enjoyed this game, but I will not waste anymore of my time allowing this game to frustrate me. Maybe you guys are okay with things the way they are, but I come from a different era, and I refuse to put money into something that does not work properly.

This is the last time I will be posting on here. It was good to know some of you, and thanks to all who helped me along the way. But its time for me to say good-bye. :(

This is the message I'm getting when I try loading...

Error: Unexpected files encountered while creating database entry for <kuid:877185:100965>. Trainz Asset Database may need repair.
Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid:877185:100965> due to database access error

I think your assets.tdx file is corrupted .

How old is your disk drive?ssd? Could be first signs of a drive going bad. A "database access" error means the issue is more likely your drive or computer setup and nothing to do with N3V/Trainz. Are you running any kind of "security" software or firewall that might prevent full access to your files?

Try deleting the contents of your TS12\UserData\cache\internet folder.

On occasions you can get a corrupted cdp sitting in there and when you try to reinstall from the DLS, CM uses the corrupted cached download even though it appears to have been downloaded again.

Slightly quicker than solving the corrupt cache by doing an Extended Database repair which can take ages in TS12.

Threads, even "failed" ones, can provide a useful resource for others to read. Just because a problem has not been resolved to the satisfaction of the original poster does not mean that a thread should be removed.

Reading through the suggested remedies and possible causes of your problems that others have, of their own free will, posted for your benefit can be useful for others who may have the same or a similar issue.

To insist (in an ALL CAPS title) that all your threads should be removed because you have not been satisfied by the solutions offered is, in my opinion, arrogant and selfish. But, since you are calling it "quits", then I guess we won't be troubled by this nonsense anymore.

My thoughts.

How old is your disk drive?ssd? Could be first signs of a drive going bad. A "database access" error means the issue is more likely your drive or computer setup and nothing to do with N3V/Trainz. Are you running any kind of "security" software or firewall that might prevent full access to your files?

TS12 has issues with data corruption due to slow closing of the database when the program is exited. TANE and up now close nearly instantly unless there's something wrong and the database does need attention. To get around TS12's shortcomings, we figured out a practice that ensures that the database is closed properly prior to shutting down the computer.

In the Trainz options, change to the developer tab.
Click the checkboxes to show database process windows.

When the program runs, a small console icon appears on the taskbar. If the program is run windowed, you can watch the contents of the windows which is similar to watching the Show Logs in TANE and up.

When the program is exited, the console window closes after a short time. It's at that point, that it's safe to shut down the computer.

Is it true that newer Trainz versions are missing some built in content from older versions? So when you import routes from older versions there will be missing content that has unknown kuid's? Also, I hate when routes and trains are only compatible with a certain version, like if a route is only for TANE but a locomotive is only for 19 then what? You can't use the locomotive in the TANE route.

Is it true that newer Trainz versions are missing some built in content from older versions? So when you import routes from older versions there will be missing content that has unknown kuid's? Also, I hate when routes and trains are only compatible with a certain version, like if a route is only for TANE but a locomotive is only for 19 then what? You can't use the locomotive in the TANE route.

Yes, this has been the case but not so much any longer. The built-ins, or most of them anyway for TS12 have been placed on the DLS. The current versions have older assets available as packages so ensure you get everything available to you such as the TANE assets for example for TRS19 and up.

I agree, it's annoying that someone would use a TRS19 locomotive, but that would be a specific session created after the fact and not when the route was created. Running the TANE route in TRS19 allows you to use the new locomotive on the old route.

First off, I said I had no beef with anyone here, that my beef was with the company. I also said 'Extortion-like tactics', not extortion, is the name of the game with these gaming, and other companies.

Here's some examples...

At Verizon...you cannot get a 5g pre-paid phone. Prepays get only 4g. You have to sign a contract in order to get the 5g.

Most game apps flood your game with ads, but you can get rid of them for $5-$10.

And even TRAINZ...I have a laptop that can download at a very fast speed (2-3Mbs), but without the GOLD PASS, I can only download files from the DS at 5kbs per sec, which means it would take me 10 mins to download 3MBs, where with GOLD PASS it only takes one second.

Second... I did not appreciate being called names on a forum. I thought there were guidelines for insulting other members?

And last.... The route is loaded, and it had nothing to do with corrupt files, or a bad hard drive.

I'm sorry that some want to look at me on here as an ass, for being upset about something to do with the DS. I spent several months putting this route together, so sorry if I sounded upset. But after the insults, there is definitely no reason to talk on here anymore. That definitely sealed the deal.

Hope this make you happy Pware.
Everyone is always brave when they shout insults from behind their computer walls Richard Cranium.

Thank you for the explanation.

I am always happy (life is too short to be angry) and I never shout insults.

One thing I've noticed about the Trainz community over the years; when a frustrated user posts an outburst, nobody jumps on him but are instead quick to offer suggestions or possible solutions. I don't think I've seen quite this level of community spirit elsewhere in recent times or ever, even. Nothing much else to add, just a heartening observation.

With the TS12 the product works well on lower end computers, faster with less graphic data.
You can still purchase the product from 3rd party sites.
The TS:12 layouts that come with the game are awsome.

One thinks that HillbillyHobo may be experiencing kuid faults that have been modified for TANE, and/or the TRS19.
The updated depedency asset versions have not been flagged correcly eg: v3.9, v4.2, v4.3, v4.5, v4.6, and now v5.0 etc.
As we know these new modified assets automatically load into TS12 and bugger up ones routes or sessions.
Well in TS:12 content manager just delete the updated kuid asset and it would revert back to an earlier issue (or download the earlier issue from the DLS).
Make sure that no other asset dependencies of dependencies have been modified.
One good example the latest AJS station library version that effects station passengers. Works in TANE but does not work in TS:12 .

With TS:12 it may help to switch off auto updates in setup and only manually update what is required.

Train driver Mick

What you are saying is true in TS12 for anyone with TANE or a newer version of Trainz registered to their username. But the OP's account only shows TS10 and TS12 as registered so the DLS should restrict content to 3.7 or below.

TS12 will download the latest versions of assets, leastwise it does here, and marks them as Incompatible, you then need to right click list asset versions and the find the TS12 version as in build 3.7 or lower, right click download this version.

Helps if you add Build Version to the column headers, right click anywhere on the headers and tick Build Version, saves trying to download stuff that is not compatible as you can see it's not.

I still have TS2012 installed and run it fairly often. By and large it does what it says on the tin and works without any problems. The most annoying thing about it is when it cheerfully downloads TANE and TS2019 assets or insists that a build 3.5 or 3.7 asset is obsolete because there's an update for a later version of Trainz on the DLS. The other thing that's started happening is that the CM will flag <kuid2:xxxxxxx:xxxxxxx:127> assets as missing dependencies when no such version exists on the DLS. This is apparently due to some bug that N3V haven't done anything about fixing yet.

Malc in the post above mine has outlined what to do about getting rid of incorrect build versions. It's annoying and a bit tedious to sort out, but it does fix the problem.

HillbillyHobo,
I use 2012 fairly often as it doesn't require monthly communications with N3V to keep working. Tane and 19 actually locked up on me last month because I wasn't able to get online.

Since 2012 likes to do automatic updates when it is online, I installed a second copy that is never run when I'm online. I copied that idea from KotangaGirl. I don't know if she is still doing that, but it works for me.

Also, I find that if I force a shutdown when the program is stuck, it can damage the database. It may also be true if the program has done a lot of automatic updates, it may require some time to properly update the database before you terminate the program. I used to download content, shut the computer down and head home. But quickly shutting down the computer seems not to be helpful.

Don't get me started on Verizon. I've been with them for more than 15 years, but our relationship (and my reception) has become difficult the last few years. I'm thinking about dumping them and switching to a carrier that uses GSM signalling, which nearly every provider uses except Verizon. I may have to invest in some sort of repeater/amplifier and I don't want one that only works for one provider.

Trainz can get frustrating when things aren't working. I hope that you can find a way to get everything settled down and enjoy the fun parts.

Last edited:
Back