TBS TRC crossing bells not registering on TRC 3 style TRC triggers

CSXguy3497

Trainz Route Builder
So here's a quick list of my problems

• TBS TRC crossing bells do not register on trigger
  • TBS TRC Crossings and Reggies trainz crossings do not have track signs (does not appear
  • What the hell happened to the UI on the TBS crossings.
  • Game: TRS19 Plat, Build 117026

Description of problem:

Since TBS crossings do not have their own bell, (i think), you have to add one. Unfortunately, the TRC 3 triggers are not registering the bells. I have tried putting the bells right on the track to no avail. Anybody know a solution?
TBS Crossing setup UI is bugged out.
Track signs do not appear.

The TRC-type triggers work fine. They have been updated to TRC4, though although that may not make a difference for you, but it's recommended you update to the newer ones anyway because some bugs have been fixed in the new version.

The lack of bells and signs is asset dependent, depending upon who made them. Some of the crossing gates have them but need to be added to the gates through the properties. In Surveyor, click on the scenery objects, then click on the "?". You then click on the crossing gate you want to add the signs and bells to. This is the same way you update the crossing number.

There are other gates that do not have properties for bells, and track numbers. These need to be added manually. The bells may be controlled via script to produce the sound, but the physical bell is a scenery object.

Alright thanks.

On the Reggiestrainz and TBS crossing assets, attempting to add a crossing sign through the GUI does not work.

Also, the bell options on the GUI don’t seem to do anything.

Studying the TBS crossings, they appear to have no crossing bell. I’ll test this later.

Also, where can I find TRC4?

Alright thanks.

On the Reggiestrainz and TBS crossing assets, attempting to add a crossing sign through the GUI does not work.

Also, the bell options on the GUI don’t seem to do anything.

Studying the TBS crossings, they appear to have no crossing bell. I’ll test this later.

Also, where can I find TRC4?

TRC4 is available as an update in on the DLS.

<kuid2:458053:100686:18> TRC 4 Trigger for closure of rail crossing is the latest update.

Reggie's crossing gates have an error which removes the settings.

Open up the config.txt for editing. Here's a blurb I saved from the old post for my reference:

Adding the line:

custom-category-list "TRC"

to the config for the crossing assets and then renaming them in the route editor got them all working for me.

Note: If there are any built-in or included in DLC, you can't fix those, but all imported ones can be.

I searched for TRC 4 and got nothing for some reason.

Edit: It was listed as unknown asset.

Last edited:
unknown.png

This is how the TBS GUI looks like.

Right-click on your TRC 3 asset.
Choose List asset versions.

This will open up a new window and you can then download the latest version.

Edit:

The TBS assets are broken in my version as well. They dorked the interface somehow as they never worked properly from what I can remember. Christopher824 made some crossing gates. His NRC crossing gates, while a bit newer looking and based on the old BNSF50 ones, work with both ATLS and TRC.

Quick update, I have managed to make a work around.

I modified a TRC US Co scenery cantilever with the TBS bell, and if I set the gate delay to 3 seconds, it would act as the bell asset.

Gate delay is to sync the TBS asset and the bell, as the cantilever has a slightly slower gate.

Quick update, I have managed to make a work around.

I modified a TRC US Co scenery cantilever with the TBS bell, and if I set the gate delay to 3 seconds, it would act as the bell asset.

Gate delay is to sync the TBS asset and the bell, as the cantilever has a slightly slower gate.

That's awesome. I'm glad you worked that out.

Back