Searching For Duffy Street Route And SP 3 Bay Hoppers

AlextheAC4400

Now nearing the end of collecting all the things needed to recreate all three Cajon Pass runaway trains I now have only two things I still need to get my hands on. In an attempt to eliminate some confusion and anger (Confusion and delay if you are a British overweight rail controller), or unintentionally create even more, I have decided to put what would be two threads into one.

The first thing I need help finding is the route for the infamous curve at Duffy Street, San Bernardino that SP 7551 East rocketed off of. I have already tried any keywords I could think of on the download station and I could not find this route. It is also not a part of both the Cajon Pass routes I have downloaded off the download station. The route of which I am talking about can be seen in this picture as well as certain parts of this video (Both are obviously not mine).
df7io8w-1cb70742-57e5-4023-a833-5a50178341d4.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2LuqpJQnjA

The second thing I need help finding are the Southern Pacific 3 bay open hoppers seen in both the video above and the video below. I have also tried finding these on the download station but to no avail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUkogu1TXmg

If anyone knows where to find one or both of these assets then please be so kind to post a link or a download station kuid I can search up and it will help me so much and I will be quite grateful for your assitence.
Happy Rails,
Alex

I think that is RailWorks (Steam game) content.

No, I am almost certain that it is content available for TRS 2019. I have just been unable to find it. If it was RailWorks content, then how did the creator of the video and the picture (Same person for both) get it working in Trainz? I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm just asking an honest question. Also I thank you for the input you have put into this thread even if you do not know where to get these assets.
Happy Rails,
Alex

If they are Trainz content, then they are custom reskins because there are 41 3 bay open hoppers representing various railroads by user majekear.

In Content Manager:

Search for Open 3bay

Set the filter to
On Download Station True

With this you can find the 3 bay open hoppers. The filter will also pick up the 4 bay ones as well and you can ignore those and download what you need.

If they are Trainz content, then they are custom reskins because there are 41 3 bay open hoppers representing various railroads by user majekear.

In Content Manager:

Search for Open 3bay

Set the filter to
On Download Station True

With this you can find the 3 bay open hoppers. The filter will also pick up the 4 bay ones as well and you can ignore those and download what you need.

Thanks for letting me know! I have decided to substitute the SP hoppers with some UP hoppers that I found by majekear that look the exact same (the only difference being the pacific). I was wondering why I could not find these. Now, is there anyone that knows where to obtain the Duffy Street curve route shown in the picture below?

Thanks for letting me know! I have decided to substitute the SP hoppers with some UP hoppers that I found by majekear that look the exact same (the only difference being the pacific). I was wondering why I could not find these. Now, is there anyone that knows where to obtain the Duffy Street curve route shown in the picture below?

Good thought on the hopper cars at least you're using the same kind of hoppers unlike the documentary on the crash where they used covered hoppers and other freight cars.

The curve as is probably not as is which means you'll need to recreate it yourself in Trainz Surveyor. Get yourself a copy of TransDEM TransDEM (rolandziegler.de). The program will allow you to import the exact DEM data, place a topographic map in place and even allow you to place track by tracing the route on the map. Once imported into Trainz, you can then edit the route just like any other.

The alternative is to hand lay the route using the built-in sculpting tools.

I've found the route. It is on the MAL39 TRAINZ website under abandoned/unfinished routes.

Last edited:
I've found the route. It is on the MAL39 TRAINZ website under abandoned/unfinished routes.

Thank you so much! I didn't think anyone would be able to find this route but luckily you did! There is just the small issue that there is no train tracks :/ . Maybe that's just part of the route and I have to put the tracks myself but in case anyone is interested, I have posted all the unknown assets for the route on the missing kuids form at the top of the General Trainz page, but either way thank you for providing the route to me even if its unfinished.
Happy Rails,
Alex

The Hoppers are PRIVATE. I have my own that i made. The ones in the videos are private reskins ConrailFan76 made (using the majekear hopper?). I'd start there. Mine were made from photos so...

Last edited:
Back