Turntables not working

rmdk

T22 - build 118660

For some reason I can't get any turntables working. I have tried both "Move Turntable" (after using input table) and "Move Turntable - Command", which I prefer.

The "Move Turntable - command" doesn't give me enough options for the number of tracks connected.

No doubt it will be something I have done (or not done).

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you have turntables that work with the "Move Turntable - Command" what are they? I am only looking for Australian standard gauge, or similar - not narrow gauge.

Thanks for any help.

Russell

Last edited:
I just tested the Move Turntable driver command and Input Table Rule in my current project running in Trainz Plus (117669) and it works. However, the same route tested in Trainz Plus (119122 - the latest beta) does not work. The difference seems to be that the Move Turntable command does not "show" in the latest beta. To add to the confusion there are two Move Turntable commands

<kuid2:131986:180156:1> MoveTurntable
<kuid2:609850:100018:1> MoveTurntable

neither of which shows up in the 119122 Session Editor Driver Command List Rule despite being installed as "Packaged". They both appear in the same list in 117669. Why????

However, there is a new driver command, <kuid:458053:108204> Move turntable -command from the DLS, that does not need the Input Table Rule. This appears in the Driver Command List Rules of both versions and works perfectly in both versions.

My observations.

ADDENDUM/CORRECTION:

OOOPS. My mistake. The MoveTurntable command and Input Table Rule are working perfectly in build 119122. It helps if you install the MoveTurntable command first and not get confused over which Trainz Plus version you actually testing it in.

But my observation about the easier to use <kuid:458053:108204> Move turntable -command from the DLS still stands - no need to use the Input Table Rule.

My (hopefully better) observations.

Last edited:
The "Move Turntable - command" doesn't give me enough options for the number of tracks connected.

Going back to your original problem above, the only thing that I can think of that would cause this problem is the "message" you have to enter into the Input Table Rule. This does not apply to the Move turntable -command driver command which does not use the Input Table.

The message has to be configured like:-

turntable,name_of_turntable,number_of_attached_tracks

for example:-

turntable,Gladstone Turntable,10

The word "turntable" has to be the first word.

Last edited:
Have you extended the sub lists out far enough?

Move turntable, select name, steps to move, 0+++++. The number of steps is defined in the config of the turntable.

Back