Another Senior Moment

stouthm

Get over it
What I'm trying to do is load one product while unloading a different product at the same facility. I'm using the M.I.N. and I can't wrap my feeble (old) brain around this. I set up the MIN with the load and unload icons but that didn't work. Any help will be appreciated.

Does this help? In the video there is a second MIN that is configured to unload. For your purpose you should configure your (only) MIN to unload the same way as I configured my unloading MIN.

Phil

Phil, thanks for the tutorial but I had a difficult time trying read the small print. What I got from the tutorial was that I have to name the cars that I want to load and unload. Is that correct?

Name the cars? That's an open question. Possibly not, based on the fact that the MIN will load and unload any car (nominated or not) capable of carrying the particular commodity used when configuring the MIN.

You could try not specifying any particular car and report back?

Hey Phil, I watched the tutorial again and then followed the directions. When I drive the consist everything works just as the tutorial shows BUT if I give the consist commands, such as "drive to furniture co" then I have to select load or unload because if I don't then the consist drives to the facility and stops. It needs a command. I select load and unload as separate commands but the consist will only do what the first command is and ignores the second. Is there a way around this? Thanks for your input.

Sorry, but with this one I can't help. I do use the MIN in some of my sessions, but if you have tried any of the sessions they are all "Chuck & Joe, this is The Dispatcher ... " followed by your assignments which you are expected to drive manually.

I'm not at all familiar with this AI stuff where you write a list of commands and then watch it being executed. Perhaps others can help.

Phil

Reading your first post... it appears you want to do a simultaneous load/unload of different products? In the same car or different cars? (In the future you might get better response if you are more specific in your title. Title should describe the issue so people can see it and reply.)

Hey Phil, I watched the tutorial again and then followed the directions. When I drive the consist everything works just as the tutorial shows BUT if I give the consist commands, such as "drive to furniture co" then I have to select load or unload because if I don't then the consist drives to the facility and stops. It needs a command. I select load and unload as separate commands but the consist will only do what the first command is and ignores the second. Is there a way around this? Thanks for your input.

It's kinda hookie, but I have a way to do what you want. It requires a complete list of commands to the Driver. Drive to {industry}, unload, Drive to trackmark (short distance before the {industry}, Drive to {industry}, load.

It would be nice if someone could come up with a single command that does for products that manweb's LM3D Unload - Load passengers at Station <kuid:82348:2017001> does for passengers. I haven't looked at his script to see if it could be modified for products yet. I'll put it in my (long) list of things to do though.

Hey 1611mac - I understand what you're saying about the title. I'll try to be more specific from now on. As regards to your question about about loading/unloading it would be from different cars. As unload pallets from flatcar and load lumber from bulkhead flatcar. Hope this helps.

Back