Miss the newsletter? - Check the New features in development for Trainz Plus

What is perhaps of some concern is that the newsletter is announcing that the Download Station's validation has been made more strict no matter which version of Trainz the asset was made for.
Faulty scripts is the latest target which is something that a good many creators for Trainz wouldn't know how to fix should their new asset get refused.

Last edited:
The list of new locomotives looks incredible. Finally the HST and other BR locomotives have been released! I had no idea they were working on a 9F either. I also saw a class 42 on content manager. I don't have a trainz plus subscription atm, but this does make it and TRS22 a lot more attractive then it was 6 months ago.:D

Last edited:
What is perhaps of some concern is that the newsletter is announcing that the Download Station's validation has been made more strict no matter which version of Trainz the asset was made for. Faulty scripts is the latest target which is something that a good many creators for Trainz wouldn't know how to fix should their new asset get refused.

Hence the reason why I probably won't upload anything to the DLS. I have no idea what is and isn't okay.

Hence the reason why I probably won't upload anything to the DLS. I have no idea what is and isn't okay.

People won't be able to install your content from your website either. It's not just the DLS uploading process that parses the assets. Content Manager becomes more-picky as well.

Right now, the Content Repair Group, aka the "CRG" is getting a handle on how to go about updating the scripts. They need all the help they can to do this. If you are capable of repairing scripts, contact Clam1952.

People won't be able to install your content from your website either. It's not just the DLS uploading process that parses the assets. Content Manager becomes more-picky as well.

That's crappy. I have NO idea how to update and fix scripts, but since I use models from JR and SocalWB909 (an ex-JR member) I should be okay for the time being.

Just want to say that I am very, VERy excited for the new British locos! Finally, a new HST, Tornado, a 3F, the Class 11, and Evening Star! All I hope is that, when they become DLC for TRS22, that they aren't too expensive... or maybe I'll just pick them up with a sale.

Just wanted to state my excitement before the thread closes. I hope that that doesn't go against 1611's purpose of making this.

My post was to let those who don't get the newletters know about the linked page. I did not post that so people could post their complaints, even if legitimate.

Mods... please close and lock this post.

While I fully understand and sympathize with your sentiment, I do not agree with your solution. It is bad enough that we already have a few posters who will verbally attack anyone who posts different opinions to their own. Lets not make that worse by closing forum threads that "go off" in a different direction to the intent of the first post - heck, that would close virtually all threads within a day or two of them opening! Free speech means having to read opinions that you will not always like or agree with, and I never thought I would have to say that to a citizen of the USA. But times have clearly changed over the last few years!

The newsletter is full of great announcements. One of the best, in my opinion, is the tightening up of script compliance testing. That is long overdue (again IMHO). The lack of compliance and adherence to standards, in many areas not just scripting, has caused endless complaint threads in these forums.

My opinions.

Last edited:
That's crappy. I have NO idea how to update and fix scripts, but since I use models from JR and SocalWB909 (an ex-JR member) I should be okay for the time being.

So do many other creators. What N3V didn't mention in the newsletter was that they dumped many thousands of (possibly) faulty assets on the CRG to repair. Many of those are script related and will take years to fix.

N3V has published some WiKi pages on obsolete script functions but they are a bit technical in parts. So, the CRG, and others, have started this page to help creators fix some of the more simple issues.

There are, however, some quite complicated solutions required for practically anything that needs a list of something such as signals, locos, junctions, etc. We will create new WiKi examples if not already covered by N3V.

Aside from that, my thanks to the OP for the link to the new features. I missed that because I was focused on what was at the bottom of the newsletter.

I always do a test upload to see if the asset is accepted or has errors. If it has errors then I attempt to fix them before testing again. Once the asset passes the compliance tests with no errors I then delete it from the DLS upload stream (select Decline in the MyTrainz - My Content page).

Darn it,

The scenery part makes it harder to NOT try out the newest Trainz and that in turns make me have try get a new computer and time to work with all this...
It been so much easier the last few years with not much really useful to my use of Trainz happening in the program, but now they found a way to more rope me back in... LOL

Flexible grid, I like that, now if we could get even better narrow gauge support on the track system, dual gauge, small switches/turnouts, and a way to walk around inside the route and even underground I would be out of excuses... ;-)

Thanks for posting this thread, I have not seen the Newsletter as I try focus on handling stuff I never been really tackling and it is hard to find the energy, I hate being this alone.

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone.

Linda, still in Norway, still alive, widow and all. :)

Thanks - I did not receive this and would have been wondering what some of the new tools on-screen were. I had a Trainz 22 disaster and have returned to 2019. I am going to move my route to 22 and see just what this new stuff does .- Reason to Go Gold.

Disappointed that more 'Windows only' technologies (XAudio2) are being introduced.

Yep, that -and the lack of turf fx on the mac ( not that I use it much as I am not a fan) is pretty much putting mac users out even further on our limb, I was forced to move to my PC cos NV3 won't support 2019 sp1, which is the only version that runs on my older mac pro .....and now theres two major areas that are going to be windows only, that it for macs that are capable of running train for me, its a gaming windows tower and a cheap mac mini that will be my future buys.

Yep, that -and the lack of turf fx on the mac ( not that I use it much as I am not a fan) is pretty much putting mac users out even further on our limb, I was forced to move to my PC cos NV3 won't support 2019 sp1, which is the only version that runs on my older mac pro .....and now theres two major areas that are going to be windows only, that it for macs that are capable of running train for me, its a gaming windows tower and a cheap mac mini that will be my future buys.

Nvidia have over produced the 3XXX series cards and there are some large price reductions starting to appear for GPUs and PCs.

Back