Miss the newsletter? - Check the New features in development for Trainz Plus

I came across the new DLS validation rules before the newsletter hit. I can see that down the road it is for the best IMO. The problem right now is that the sim (or in my case TRS19 SP5) does not have the new rules, and assets will pass locally and work correctly. Then when you upload them to the DLS is when you see if they pass the new validation.

I have not checked if TRS22 and TRS22+ is using the new validation rules yet, maybe someone has that answer already.

It would make life so much easier for me if N3V would come out with a patch with the new validation rules for TRS19 (hint, hint)

I've noticed that the scripts seem to be only validated when first compiled. Try opening your asset for editing, open and resave your script, then resubmit and see if that will expose any warnings or errors.

And yes, the new ground format looks interesting :)

I've noticed that the scripts seem to be only validated when first compiled. Try opening your asset for editing, open and resave your script, then resubmit and see if that will expose any warnings or errors.

That does not help, the two are out of sync. Locally validation is instant, DLS may take an hour or two. Just takes longer to develop scripts, that's all.

G'day All,

A question for anyone from N3V (if they read this).

It says that the updated Blue Comet sets will be available for Gold Class members. I have Trainz Plus, but I also own the original Blue Comet DLC. Will the new versions be an update for the original DLC, or will it have to be purchased separately?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day All,

A question for anyone from N3V (if they read this).

It says that the updated Blue Comet sets will be available for Gold Class members. I have Trainz Plus, but I also own the original Blue Comet DLC. Will the new versions be an update for the original DLC, or will it have to be purchased separately?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Piere.
I asked this question to the help desk a long time ago when it was first announced, and they said it wasn't announced how they planned to release it. It does say "Redux" though, so I would hope it comes as a free upgrade for those who already purchased the old one.

Last edited:
I would think (and hope) that it's an update - I own the original DLC, and I hope that it is a free upgrade for those who own the original.

Back