Speeding Ticket?

So, it is a non solution !!!!!

Good question. I had to try it myself to see.

It is the Ostrich Solution to all message problems. Bury your head in the sand and the problem will vanish :cool: - like the special sunglasses in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that go completely opaque when danger threatens so you don't get upset by the reality directly in front of you.

F5 in Driver hides all screen overlays - speed, driver commands, track profile, menus and those "annoying" messages such as "Rough Handling". As I said, it is the Ostrich Solution.

As I tried to say before, I take it as an indication that my train is near derailment condition and I have in fact derailed when not heeding the warning and I stand by my " solution " but, of course, this solution may not work for everyone in every situation.

Wild Willy the Wacko

It's not because an incorrect sign type was laid, Trainz has been doing this 19. I often get speeding messages when I'm 1 MPH below the limit. It happens to me if I'm over the speed limit and, say doing 36 - 37 when I hit the 35 sign, even though my speedometer shows 34 when I get down there, I'm still told I'm speeding. If I slow to 33 then come back to 34 then 35 it's fine.

So it's something internal when slowing down.

Yes, it needs fine tuning. But as I have posted above, the issue seems to be the engine specs for individual locos.

I find I get the rough handling message whenever I turn the DCC knob down one notch. It's pretty annoying that it happens with 1 click of the knob, as short of clicking on the knob I can't decelerate any slower than that.

peter

I've noticed that some of my mid-19th century engines with poor brakes hardly ever get the backseat driver nag message about rough handling, - but that's a whole different ball game when it comes to driver skills.

Back