Loco Texture Glitch

nobody1

Layout and Sound Creator
Hello folks, i've encountered this yesterday after installing some of the newer models in TC3;

dfbk1ti-1e42c4e1-d9a7-4567-a271-e61c4b3d8aa9.png

dfbk1yt-0eca2568-5c73-4d12-b67e-623f906a446e.png

I've only have this issue with the TC3/TS2009 version of the BR Princess Royal's tender, not the TRS2004/2006 version.

Any reasons why this happens (unless this version is somewhat cursed)?

This happened when trainz did not find the texture indicated in the texture.txt ... it assigned a white material by default.
It could be a name error when editing the texture or the missing texture.

This happened when trainz did not find the texture indicated in the texture.txt ... it assigned a white material by default.
It could be a name error when editing the texture or the missing texture.
Yep, i've even noticed this;

screencap4.png

This is why i've decided to re-install the older version instead

go into a image editor like paint.net and resave the texture files.
Hello Robbie, I have resaved all of the texture files with paint.net like you recommended, but unfortunately it didn't do anything to improve the textures, they're still glitchy white;

Glitch-Tender-3.png

In Paint.net, make sure you uncheck texture compression when saving the .tga files. Trainz up to TS12 doesn't like compressed textures and will either fail to load the asset, or in the case of older versions, not load the texture and you'll end up with results such as this.

The other issue is to look and see if you have actual .tga textures and not just the .texture files. If you have the .texture files only, you need to run them through PEV's Images2TGA program. You can get this and his other useful utilities from Shaneturner's website.

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/news/2/37/PEVSoft-Tools-Availability

Like all older programs, you need to run these with administrator rights under Windows 10 and up.

Yep, i've even noticed this;
This is why i've decided to re-install the older version instead

In the error message the most important part is not read: what happens with the missing file.
You say you saved it with PaintDotNet... but in what format? Should be uncompressed TGA ...
On the other hand... where did you get the cdp to install it from?
Everything tells me that the texture is not there or has an incorrect name or format. Can you put a screenshot of what you have in the folder?
Also... have you edited Assets before?

In Paint.net, make sure you uncheck texture compression when saving the .tga files. Trainz up to TS12 doesn't like compressed textures and will either fail to load the asset, or in the case of older versions, not load the texture and you'll end up with results such as this.

The other issue is to look and see if you have actual .tga textures and not just the .texture files. If you have the .texture files only, you need to run them through PEV's Images2TGA program. You can get this and his other useful utilities from Shaneturner's website.

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/news/2/37/PEVSoft-Tools-Availability

Like all older programs, you need to run these with administrator rights under Windows 10 and up.
Hello, I have unchecked the texture compression option and i didn't work still, Also, before I resaved the .tga files again, the folder had both .tga and .texture files

In the error message the most important part is not read: what happens with the missing file.
You say you saved it with PaintDotNet... but in what format? Should be uncompressed TGA ...
On the other hand... where did you get the cdp to install it from?
Everything tells me that the texture is not there or has an incorrect name or format. Can you put a screenshot of what you have in the folder?
Also... have you edited Assets before?
When I said that, I mean in .tga format before and again today, but unchecked the texture compression option. Also, here's a screencap of the assets folder;
screencap5.jpg

This was after i removed all of the .texture files from it from all parts

I see you use Shape Viewer to view IM meshes...
Does it show you the tender with the correct textures?

Be supposed to :
"10ton.texture.txt" points to "10ton.tga"
"cylinder1.texture.txt" points to "cylinder1.tga"
as well as the other textures...

Anyway, the key is in the part that is not read:

I see you use Shape Viewer to view IM meshes...
Does it show you the tender with the correct textures?

Be supposed to :
"10ton.texture.txt" points to "10ton.tga"
"cylinder1.texture.txt" points to "cylinder1.tga"
as well as the other textures...

Anyway, the key is in the part that is not read:

Hello, also yes I do, especially when I sometimes work on reskin projects. Also, here's some good news; the tender texture glitch is FINALLY resolved;
Screenshots;
Fixed-Tender-Textures.png

Fixed-Tender-Textures-2.png

Back