Thread: kuid2:xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:127 problems in legacy versions of Trainz.

Default kuid2:xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:127 problems in legacy versions of Trainz.

Apart from the two at the top of this TS2012 error message all the rest of the Kuid ID numbers are mine and I know for a fact that none of those assets of mine have a Kuid2 version with '127' hanging off the end of it.
    Just lately I've been downloading Build 3.5 and 3.7 assets and some of them are claimed to be faulty because of impossible to download '127' assets when I already have the asset listed in the config file right there as large as life in CM. Are there any forum members here who might know what on earth is going on?
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Annie, I have no idea why it is happening, however, it is relatively easy to fix. If you have the kuid in a lower version, edit the config of the containing asset and hunt down the :127 ones and change to the version you have installed and submit the edit.
    cheers
    Graeme

Blog Entries

A simpler thing that works a lot of times, if you've not already tried it, is an Extended Database Rebuild. This happens in T:ANE, too. Something N3V did with the database for 19 appears to be the cause.

:B~)

Together in Trainzing!

That was a problem a long time ago when an asset became a kuid2 but failed to have a version number. It was given 127 by default. Deleting the 27 from the number will allow it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    That was a problem a long time ago when an asset became a kuid2 but failed to have a version number. It was given 127 by default. Deleting the 27 from the number will allow it to work.
    An interesting point, - only in the case of my own assets I know there aren't any Kuid2 errors with version numbers.

A simpler thing that works a lot of times, if you've not already tried it, is an Extended Database Rebuild. This happens in T:ANE, too. Something N3V did with the database for 19 appears to be the cause.

:B~)

Why am I not surprised. Thanks for pointing that out RH. Fortunately in this latest case the faulty alert faded away all by itself. Having recently done an Extended Database Rebuild I didn't much fancy doing another one.

Annie, I have no idea why it is happening, however, it is relatively easy to fix. If you have the kuid in a lower version, edit the config of the containing asset and hunt down the :127 ones and change to the version you have installed and submit the edit.
    cheers
    Graeme

Thanks for your reply Graeme, but it seems that the fault has mysteriously corrected itself. Isn't Trainz just plain wonderful.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

If you had the old type KUID number and had ":0" at the end the DLS would add the 127, why we got kuid2.