kuid2:xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx:127 problems in legacy versions of Trainz.

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
PjMmPTW.jpg

Apart from the two at the top of this TS2012 error message all the rest of the Kuid ID numbers are mine and I know for a fact that none of those assets of mine have a Kuid2 version with '127' hanging off the end of it.
Just lately I've been downloading Build 3.5 and 3.7 assets and some of them are claimed to be faulty because of impossible to download '127' assets when I already have the asset listed in the config file right there as large as life in CM. Are there any forum members here who might know what on earth is going on?

Annie, I have no idea why it is happening, however, it is relatively easy to fix. If you have the kuid in a lower version, edit the config of the containing asset and hunt down the :127 ones and change to the version you have installed and submit the edit.
cheers
Graeme

A simpler thing that works a lot of times, if you've not already tried it, is an Extended Database Rebuild. This happens in T:ANE, too. Something N3V did with the database for 19 appears to be the cause.

:B~)

That was a problem a long time ago when an asset became a kuid2 but failed to have a version number. It was given 127 by default. Deleting the 27 from the number will allow it to work.

That was a problem a long time ago when an asset became a kuid2 but failed to have a version number. It was given 127 by default. Deleting the 27 from the number will allow it to work.

An interesting point, - only in the case of my own assets I know there aren't any Kuid2 errors with version numbers.

A simpler thing that works a lot of times, if you've not already tried it, is an Extended Database Rebuild. This happens in T:ANE, too. Something N3V did with the database for 19 appears to be the cause.

:B~)

Why am I not surprised. Thanks for pointing that out RH. Fortunately in this latest case the faulty alert faded away all by itself. Having recently done an Extended Database Rebuild I didn't much fancy doing another one.

Annie, I have no idea why it is happening, however, it is relatively easy to fix. If you have the kuid in a lower version, edit the config of the containing asset and hunt down the :127 ones and change to the version you have installed and submit the edit.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks for your reply Graeme, but it seems that the fault has mysteriously corrected itself. Isn't Trainz just plain wonderful.

Back