Question regarding Trainz 2022 install

Memeyisaword

G'day all, recently I've decided it's time to move from TRS19 to Trainz 2022, however, when going through the install process, I've hit a bit of confusion. I'm at the "select patch stream" section, and I am unsure as to what patch stream I should be using. I have the following options:
Trainz Plus
Trainz Plus Beta
TRS22
TRS22 Beta
The main thing I am trying to figure out is what each patch stream does to my install (IF it does anything, that is) and then make a decision based off that. Because I don't want to wait and wait for the game to install, and then realise that I should of chosen a different patch stream.

Regards, Douglas.

You have Trainz Plus, not TRS22 (retail).

If all you want is Trainz Plus (which includes TRS22) without any beta updates and their heart stopping moments (that's what betas do) then opt for the Trainz Plus stream.

If you are feeling adventurous and your health insurance hospital cover is fully paid up, then try the Trainz Plus beta stream.

TRS22 stream and TRS22 beta stream are for those who have purchased the retail version of TRS22.

Your Trainz Plus install (beta or non-beta) will show the Trainz+ logo on the launcher window and Trainz Railroad Simulator 22 everywhere else. This can be confusing but remember that Trainz Plus will always give you the latest Trainz release version (currently TRS22) with all the Trainz Plus extras. If you maintain the subscription then in a few years you will automatically get TRS25 (or whatever) with all the Trainz Plus extras.

Many thanks to all that replied, I've decided to go with the Trainz Plus patch stream. Again, thanks to everyone for their assistance in this. :)

And if you are really adventureous you can install TrainzPlus twice and point one to Trainz Plus and the other to Trainz Plus beta. Use the non-beta for all your normal activities. Use the beta just to see when new updates come out and to see how new features are coming along and how well they work. With the beta working you'll have a good idea of how well any given patch works.

Back