Trainz Plus Beta update - Build# 118660

Roy, they seem to work fine here. They are paused in Surveyor but show the correct aspects when unpaused.

After i posted I did run EDBR and this time still had the faulty one...
I forgot to check if there is any open for edit asset which many times is the spoiler too.
So the route was still open for edit why no clue but i closed it by saying reverse to original as i not changed anything.
Did EDBR again and see everything runs smooth and fine like nothing happened before.
AI and some switches behaves like a bad boy every now and then other than that it seems fine.
Do you know how to set in a session to throw the switch to close behind a consist passed to 'lock' the track.
I know of only one which is clear the track after a train passes: and it throws the switch to the original position i gave it in surveyor. This work in some cases but not all and than a consist coming afterwards might get stuck on a false track occupied by another train where the switch was just set back to original.

Roy, they seem to work fine here. They are paused in Surveyor but show the correct aspects when unpaused.

Do you know how to set in a session to throw the switch to close behind a consist passed to 'lock' the track.

Roy,

I think this might work.

Look for <kuid2:131986:157661:1> Set Cleared Junctions

This is the original by atilabarut fixed by Ken Ruof.

The description reads:

Sets the selected while unoccupied junctions to specified states. This rule is the same as the original set junctions rule, except that the rule checks if any of the selected junctions are occupied. If so, it waits until all the junctions are cleared, thus avoiding derailment.

Re-installed 22+ today build 118660. All settings exactly as i have always had them.

Launcher opens from desktop icon. I choose start Trainz, game window appears for a second.

Then both game window and launcher disappear from the desktop.

Any logs, i can view or tools to run to find out what is going on, please.

Mike.

Re-installed 22+ today build 118660. All settings exactly as i have always had them.

Launcher opens from desktop icon. I choose start Trainz, game window appears for a second.

Then both game window and launcher disappear from the desktop.

Any logs, i can view or tools to run to find out what is going on, please.

Mike.

Hello IsambardKingdomBrunel, sounds like you are experiencing a crash.

Could you send in your crashdump file by following these steps:

1. Re-launch TRS22
  2. Click Trainz Settings
  3. Click on the Install tab
  4. Highlight the entire folder directory path listed under "Local Data Folder"
  5. Use Ctrl-C to copy to your clipboard
  6. Open Windows File Explorer
  7. Use Ctrl-V to paste the directory path.
  8. From the Windows Explorer folder, copy the "crashdump.dmp" file from the local user data folder and paste it on your desktop
  9. Please attach the "crashdump.dmp" file (now found on the desktop) and include your soundcard hardware & driver details in the description for the bug report found here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

As a workaround - try to disable the active soundcard and use the built in one (commonly a Realtek) and see if the crash continues, but please send in the crashdump.dmp file regardless.

Soundcard is a built in Realtek, through a Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 system. Which has never given me any gaming problems.

No worries in regards the crashdump file, i will do that now buddy.

EDIT: Bug Report submitted, with crashdump.dmp attached.

Mike.

Last edited:
Found the problem, pic 1 is what my sound system is always set to and Trainz has always run without problems.

Pic 2 is what i have had to lower the audio quality to, for build 118660 to launch successfully. So something has changed in the latest beta.

Mike.

Found the problem, pic 1 is what my sound system is always set to and Trainz has always run without problems.

Pic 2 is what i have had to lower the audio quality to, for build 118660 to launch successfully. So something has changed in the latest beta.
Mike.

I agree. Look at post #9 and #10 above. I didn't crash but audio was awful. Asus RealTek here also. I simply turned off "Enable 3D sound effects" (in game "Sound Settings") - I have never had to turn that off before and I've had every beta of '19 and '22 on my system since '19 Early Release.

Last edited:
The game launches ok at 24bits 48000Hz as well. I play a lot of music off the pc so i know it is always set to the higher quality format.

So this is deffo a new problem.

Also been confirmed there is a reproducable bug. From the report i submitted yesterday, in an email from N3V.

Mike.

The game launches ok at 24bits 48000Hz as well. I play a lot of music off the pc so i know it is always set to the higher quality format.

So this is deffo a new problem.

Also been confirmed there is a reproducable bug. From the report i submitted yesterday, in an email from N3V.

Mike.

Confirmed I just upped mine from 24 bits 48000Hz to 24 bits 96000Hz and it crashed on starting, you can rule out the Realtek HD Audio manager software as I haven't got it installed, due to issues with it! I just changed the Windows audio settings, this is on Win11.

I've bug reported this as well.

Confirmed I just upped mine from 24 bits 48000Hz to 24 bits 96000Hz and it crashed on starting, you can rule out the Realtek HD Audio manager software as I haven't got it installed, due to issues with it! I just changed the Windows audio settings, this is on Win11.

I've bug reported this as well.

Now, this has been fixed with the SoundBlaster AE-9. I run at 24 b, 96khz and it works fine. Fixed one thing and broke another?

im having issues with splines not updating its basically every spline and track spline after copying those in a preset and pasting them on your route and adding new splines will not update immediately literally yesterday took 10 minutes to update the splines and track

Back