Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta update - Build# 118660

United States of America, Calif., Greenville
    Blog Entries

Well, I tested a bit and found that if the BT headphones are turned off Trainz will not find the default sound card.
    Also, when the BT is turned back on, Trains is still mute.
    Oh well, another one of those little "glitches" that will Never Get Fixed!!

Dave
    This is NOT a Test, I hope!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Well, I tested a bit and found that if the BT headphones are turned off Trainz will not find the default sound card.
    Also, when the BT is turned back on, Trains is still mute.
    Oh well, another one of those little "glitches" that will Never Get Fixed!!

Dave
    Dave,

That's an issue with Bluetooth and not necessarily Trainz. I have that issue with some other software I use. The device has to be there in order for the program to initialize the hardware drivers. If the device disappears, then the drivers can't find it even if it's turned back on. Bohemian Interactive's ARMA 3 does that and so does a very expensive music editing program I use. BT devices are great for listening to music and for audio from videos, but that's seems to be about it. I gave up and went to external speakers and wired headphones even if they're a bit inconvenient.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Another alternative is the "old" RF headphones. ("Old school" wireless.) Yes, analog, but at 70 my ears are shot anyway. I have hearing aids that also stream via bluetooth but I still use the RF headphones.
    - - . -

IMO the issue with Bluetooth is its not very reliable, suffers from interference from anything else using wireless signals and often has unreliable drivers, I've disabled bluetooth on phone Tablet and on the one PC that has it I removed the card.

I use a pair of Turtle Beach wired headphones, bullet proof and far better sounding than this bluetooth junk, I haven't joined the zombies who have the bluetooth things jammed in their ears 24/7.

4 PCs wired to a 4 channel stereo mini mixer connected to powered speakers (Creative) that has a headphone jack I can plug into, I could play audio from all PCs at once if I was inclined to however it's handy if I'm working in Trainz and I get an email notification on the other PC and I can listen to other stuff such as music while running Trainz.
    Malc

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down RRsignal supersignals not working in 118660 and earlier

Why is this kuid suddenly faulty since 2 days on and off yesterday i did run EDB and than things where seemingly fine but i notice the superb signals from rrsignal got nhit alreayd a while ago I notice very strange 'not working' or constant red indrive not in surveyor....... My testing and tuning/finishing of my new route is again at a sudden halt and no clue how to circumvent this critter(any of many but a real big one).
    "SL2 SL 2-Head(i) C Catenary Full Aspect Signal RRS Supersignal"<kuid:481384:112101672>.
    This one too on and off not working, <kuid:481384:112101702> "SL2 SL 2-Head(i) RP Full Aspect Signal 17-foot RRS Supersignal"Respectfully saying this is annoying is quiet an understatement.
    The maker of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

Roy, they seem to work fine here. They are paused in Surveyor but show the correct aspects when unpaused.
    John

Blog Entries

After i posted I did run EDBR and this time still had the faulty one...
    I forgot to check if there is any open for edit asset which many times is the spoiler too.
    So the route was still open for edit why no clue but i closed it by saying reverse to original as i not changed anything.
    Did EDBR again and see everything runs smooth and fine like nothing happened before.
    AI and some switches behaves like a bad boy every now and then other than that it seems fine.
    Do you know how to set in a session to throw the switch to close behind a consist passed to 'lock' the track.
    I know of only one which is clear the track after a train passes: and it throws the switch to the original position i gave it in surveyor. This work in some cases but not all and than a consist coming afterwards might get stuck on a false track occupied by another train where the switch was just set back to original.

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Roy, they seem to work fine here. They are paused in Surveyor but show the correct aspects when unpaused.

Do you know how to set in a session to throw the switch to close behind a consist passed to 'lock' the track.
    Roy,

I think this might work.

Look for <kuid2:131986:157661:1> Set Cleared Junctions

This is the original by atilabarut fixed by Ken Ruof.

The description reads:

Sets the selected while unoccupied junctions to specified states. This rule is the same as the original set junctions rule, except that the rule checks if any of the selected junctions are occupied. If so, it waits until all the junctions are cleared, thus avoiding derailment.
    John

Re-installed 22+ today build 118660. All settings exactly as i have always had them.

Launcher opens from desktop icon. I choose start Trainz, game window appears for a second.

Then both game window and launcher disappear from the desktop.

Any logs, i can view or tools to run to find out what is going on, please.

Mike.
    YMA O HYD

Quote Originally Posted by IsambardKingdomBrunel View Post
    Re-installed 22+ today build 118660. All settings exactly as i have always had them.

Launcher opens from desktop icon. I choose start Trainz, game window appears for a second.

Then both game window and launcher disappear from the desktop.

Any logs, i can view or tools to run to find out what is going on, please.

Mike.
    Hello IsambardKingdomBrunel, sounds like you are experiencing a crash.

Could you send in your crashdump file by following these steps:

1. Re-launch TRS22
    2. Click Trainz Settings
    3. Click on the Install tab
    4. Highlight the entire folder directory path listed under "Local Data Folder"
    5. Use Ctrl-C to copy to your clipboard
    6. Open Windows File Explorer
    7. Use Ctrl-V to paste the directory path.
    8. From the Windows Explorer folder, copy the "crashdump.dmp" file from the local user data folder and paste it on your desktop
    9. Please attach the "crashdump.dmp" file (now found on the desktop) and include your soundcard hardware & driver details in the description for the bug report found here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

As a workaround - try to disable the active soundcard and use the built in one (commonly a Realtek) and see if the crash continues, but please send in the crashdump.dmp file regardless.

Soundcard is a built in Realtek, through a Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 system. Which has never given me any gaming problems.

No worries in regards the crashdump file, i will do that now buddy.

EDIT: Bug Report submitted, with crashdump.dmp attached.

Mike.
    Last edited by IsambardKingdomBrunel; August 18th, 2022 at 12:59 PM.
    YMA O HYD

Found the problem, pic 1 is what my sound system is always set to and Trainz has always run without problems.

Pic 2 is what i have had to lower the audio quality to, for build 118660 to launch successfully. So something has changed in the latest beta.

Mike.
    YMA O HYD

Quote Originally Posted by IsambardKingdomBrunel View Post
    Found the problem, pic 1 is what my sound system is always set to and Trainz has always run without problems.

Pic 2 is what i have had to lower the audio quality to, for build 118660 to launch successfully. So something has changed in the latest beta.
    Mike.
    I agree. Look at post #9 and #10 above. I didn't crash but audio was awful. Asus RealTek here also. I simply turned off "Enable 3D sound effects" (in game "Sound Settings") - I have never had to turn that off before and I've had every beta of '19 and '22 on my system since '19 Early Release.
    Last edited by 1611mac; August 18th, 2022 at 05:00 PM.
    - - . -

Blog Entries

you made my day John I give it a try and keep you posted on any result good or bad.

The game launches ok at 24bits 48000Hz as well. I play a lot of music off the pc so i know it is always set to the higher quality format.

So this is deffo a new problem.

Also been confirmed there is a reproducable bug. From the report i submitted yesterday, in an email from N3V.

Mike.
    YMA O HYD