Trainz Plus Beta update - Build# 118660

n3v_laurence

Hi folks, we have a minor update which hopefully addresses the audio related crashes experienced by a few users as well as fixes the Window 7 launching error. More DLC content packages are now usable with Content Package Palette.

This is a 25MB update.

If you want to use the live version and the beta server, you will need to have two builds installed with two different local data folders.

Please use this link to report bugs https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Available Builds:
Trainz Plus PC 118495 to Trainz Plus PC 118660 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream

Key Features:
  • A Fix for Audio Crashes
  • A Fix for Windows 7 - Launching error - dxgi.dll

Change log:
  • Fixed: Content Package Palette - Incorrect visual listings for faulty content
  • Fixed: Content Manager - Maximised window List dependencies display error
  • More DLC content packages are now usable with Content Package Palette (simc:651, simc:659, simc:733, simc:822, simc:1029 and many more)
  • Several minor MPS bug fixes

Known issue:

• Mouse cursor will disappear while holding RMB during a window prompt - Workaround release RMB, press and hold RMB again while moving mouse to return the cursor
  • During Share Route process, only “multiplayersurveyor” will be applied to the Content Package Palette regardless of what was selected.
  • DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data. clicking retry will ignore the error and proceed to complete installation
  • Automatically Enabled Required Packages tool currently selects multiple packages that will fill the required dependencies for assets used (even if only 1 is required), which in turn can cause other packages required for those in selected packages causing multiple packages to be selected. As a work around, it is recommended that users first select the following "Core" packages as part of their content package selection, attempting manually to resolve any required dependencies. (Workaround: using these as default selection: TRS22- Core, TRS22 - Additional Content Packages (1, 2 & 3), TRS22 - Main Menu Route, TRS - KSC 2 & TRS22 - MPS Packages)
  • High frequency audio settings leads to crash launching Trainz. - workaround: Use 48000 Hz or lower.

Last edited:
Thanks n3v_laurence - Fast download and successful patch.
All my settings preferences were retained and sessions/ routes appear to be behaving themselves.
Confirming the Content Manager (dependency listing) fixes. Thanks!
Will continue testing to see if I can break something... ;)

Available Builds:
Trainz Plus PC 117495 to Trainz Plus PC 118660 - Trainz Plus Beta patch stream

I assume this is a typo. Should be 118495?

With that I have a question, how do I get from 117669 on Win 7 to 118660? I re-installed the version on MyTrainz to have a working version. If I patch to the broken 118495, how do I manually kick off the patcher outside of the launcher?

William

Update: I patched to 118495 then used the Patch Installer in the program folder to perform this patch. Everything working again using Win 7. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Question on updates:
When "TrainzPlus" came out I read that "TrainzPlus" had to be installed or features would be lost so I installed a TrainzPlus version next to my '22 Plus (w/ separate userdata). I thought '22 Plus would "transform" to a normal "22 beta" at some point since there is now an offical "TrainzPlus" download. Is that not the case? My '22 Plus wants to update to 118660 along with my TrainzPlus install.

As long as I don't remove my copy of '22 Plus will it remain "Plus"???? Or will Plus updates cease at some point? (I know, I can always change the update stream.)

This update installed to TrainzPlus and working fine so far.. Thanks.

Last edited:
Trainz Plus and your 22 Plus are the same. It was decided some time ago to split TRS22 into two separate versions TRS22 (retail version with no beta updates) and TRS22 Plus (+, Plus, Beta all with beta updates available).

Trainz Plus and your 22 Plus are the same. It was decided some time ago to split TRS22 into two separate versions TRS22 (retail version with no beta updates) and TRS22 Plus (+, Plus, Beta all with beta updates available).

Thanks for the reply. I know they are the same now... But with the "split" of "retail and plus" I envisoned "Plus" being keyed to the app and not to the account at some point. I mean, why change to a separate download for Plus? Has to be a reason.

anyway... don't want to steal the beta update thread... I shouldn't have posted that here...

Install went smoothly. The List Dependencies issue has been fixed.

No new issues that I find after running several of my routes.

Just a heads-up that I'm having audio issues with '22 118660. All versions of '19 are still working fine.

I'll use a locomotive as an example.
When session starts and camera is a distance away from locomotive and a 360 is done around the loco the sounds are what you would expect. But if you zoom in closer you hit a point where loco sound "cuts out" and is very, very, low if not non-existent. Do the 360 again and one side has almost no sound while the other side is "normal."
Exact same session and scenario in '19 works perfectly. I lined up 20 loco's on a track and passed by and did the 360 on some. Some seem better than others but proper sound levels run from awful to simply "not what it should be."

And again, exact same "test" in '19 with same route and session works flawlessly.

Will be doing some additonal tests to gather info so a report can be made. Possible video the issue also.

SOLVED - See next post.

Last edited:
Update- SOLVED (see below) - Audio issue with left vs right side of locomotive.

See above post for description of issue. I made a Bandicam video of the issue which I was going to post for the HelpDesk.

To my surprise the Bandicam video audio WAS OK. I just checked again and Bandicam audio is totally different that what I am hearing in game from audio output jack. Bandicam audio is normal, my Realtek audio is messd up (but ONLY for this particular patch). I stress that nothing is different with my computer. I've had Trainz beginning with TRS19 early release and have had every plus patch on the maching at one time or other. I have never had an audio issue. And I still don't EXCEPT for TRS22 TrainzPlus 118660.

Bandicam and my audio output are obviously getting the audio from different sources. I can have the game running and from one side of loco I hear almost nothing while video audio captured during that time sounds fine.

SOLVED
In "Trainz Settings" disable (turn off) the "Enable 3D sound effects." This fixed my terrible sound! What is odd is that 3D sound is on in my TRS Retail edtion and it works fine. Honestly, I have never paid attention to the sound settings as sound was always good in all versions and updates. I checked my '19 installs and they too have 3D sound on and they worked fine. But not with the new TrainzPlus 118660 beta! (At least here!)

Last edited:
Update and Database Repair went through fine but still have the game crash when base audio drivers are not selected.

Would you be able to send us in the crashdump.dmp file by following these steps?

1. Re-launch TRS22
  2. Click Trainz Settings
  3. Click on the Install tab
  4. Highlight the entire folder directory path listed under "Local Data Folder"
  5. Use Ctrl-C to copy to your clipboard
  6. Open Windows File Explorer
  7. Use Ctrl-V to paste the directory path.
  8. From the Windows Explorer folder, copy the "crashdump.dmp" file from the local user data folder and paste it on your desktop
  9. Please attach the "crashdump.dmp" file (now found on the desktop) and include your soundcard hardware & driver details in the description for the bug report found here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Well, I WAS a happy camper until I Paused a session over night. Now ALL the sound is gone.
Before the Pause, the sound was fine. No problems at all.

Ver. 118660

Well, I WAS a happy camper until I Paused a session over night. Now ALL the sound is gone.
Before the Pause, the sound was fine. No problems at all.

Ver. 118660

Did your computer go to sleep, or turn off external devices such as USB and Bluetooth devices?

If that happened that can confuse the program so that it can't find the devices when it starts up again. I've had that occur with other programs as well including Trainz.

Hi John,
The PC is on all the time....no sleep time.
But, I do have a set of Blue-tooth headphones that must be reconnected every time they are charged.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will set up a test tonight and see what I find.

Dave

Hi John,
The PC is on all the time....no sleep time.
But, I do have a set of Blue-tooth headphones that must be reconnected every time they are charged.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will set up a test tonight and see what I find.

Dave

Check your power management settings and set that to high performance and then customize them to not turn off USB ports.

Well, I tested a bit and found that if the BT headphones are turned off Trainz will not find the default sound card.
Also, when the BT is turned back on, Trains is still mute.
Oh well, another one of those little "glitches" that will Never Get Fixed!!

Dave

Well, I tested a bit and found that if the BT headphones are turned off Trainz will not find the default sound card.
Also, when the BT is turned back on, Trains is still mute.
Oh well, another one of those little "glitches" that will Never Get Fixed!!

Dave

Dave,

That's an issue with Bluetooth and not necessarily Trainz. I have that issue with some other software I use. The device has to be there in order for the program to initialize the hardware drivers. If the device disappears, then the drivers can't find it even if it's turned back on. Bohemian Interactive's ARMA 3 does that and so does a very expensive music editing program I use. BT devices are great for listening to music and for audio from videos, but that's seems to be about it. I gave up and went to external speakers and wired headphones even if they're a bit inconvenient.

Another alternative is the "old" RF headphones. ("Old school" wireless.) Yes, analog, but at 70 my ears are shot anyway. I have hearing aids that also stream via bluetooth but I still use the RF headphones.

IMO the issue with Bluetooth is its not very reliable, suffers from interference from anything else using wireless signals and often has unreliable drivers, I've disabled bluetooth on phone Tablet and on the one PC that has it I removed the card.

I use a pair of Turtle Beach wired headphones, bullet proof and far better sounding than this bluetooth junk, I haven't joined the zombies who have the bluetooth things jammed in their ears 24/7.

4 PCs wired to a 4 channel stereo mini mixer connected to powered speakers (Creative) that has a headphone jack I can plug into, I could play audio from all PCs at once if I was inclined to however it's handy if I'm working in Trainz and I get an email notification on the other PC and I can listen to other stuff such as music while running Trainz.

RRsignal supersignals not working in 118660 and earlier

Why is this kuid suddenly faulty since 2 days on and off yesterday i did run EDB and than things where seemingly fine but i notice the superb signals from rrsignal got nhit alreayd a while ago I notice very strange 'not working' or constant red indrive not in surveyor....... My testing and tuning/finishing of my new route is again at a sudden halt and no clue how to circumvent this critter(any of many but a real big one).
"SL2 SL 2-Head(i) C Catenary Full Aspect Signal RRS Supersignal"<kuid:481384:112101672>.
This one too on and off not working, <kuid:481384:112101702> "SL2 SL 2-Head(i) RP Full Aspect Signal 17-foot RRS Supersignal"Respectfully saying this is annoying is quiet an understatement.

Back