Just noticed we are at 5.3

Or did I miss something? Did we get anything new in the system?

Yes, this is correct for the beta.

More features in S 2.0, better compression for the package files and .tzarc files and some other stuff I can't remember. There's a whole thread about it at the top when it was released about 2 weeks ago.

It also means that any routes and sessions you create with the beta will not be compatible with any other (earlier) versions of the program.

Or did I miss something? Did we get anything new in the system?

RJ Artim

Last edited:
I still can't get my head around S 2.0.

You are not alone in that. I switch between the two Surveyors quite frequently. Some things are definitely better in S2.0 while for others I find Classic (S1.0) better. That is largely due to 20 years of using S1.0 so anything new will take time. Plus don't forget that S2.0 is still a work in progress and that there are some operations that can currently only be performed in S1.0.

I do not have earlier versions, I deleted them as I like TRS2022 a lot. No need for the older versions.

That is a very valid viewpoint but I was thinking of uploading routes and sessions to the DLS. Any 5.2 assets you create will only be usable by those who also have the beta version of Trainz Plus.

That is a very valid viewpoint but I was thinking of uploading routes and sessions to the DLS. Any 5.2 assets you create will only be usable by those who also have the beta version of Trainz Plus.

I'm not even sure they'll be allowed either. 5.2 is a beta and it wouldn't be a good thing to have those up there yet.

I'm not even sure they'll be allowed either. 5.2 is a beta and it wouldn't be a good thing to have those up there yet.
No, they will not allow you to upload 5.2 to the DLS. I have had that problem before in earlier beta builds.

Back