Here is a video of TS22

Going back to the original videos, some things that are missing from the analysis are the specs of the systems used to create them and the video codecs used to compress and store them. The American Truckers Simulation trailer would, obviously, have used the best specs and codecs in its production. The others would most likely have been made on less sophisticated home systems. So not really a fair comparison.

My opinions.

The main advantage of a 3070 is that it will give better framerate at Trainz native resolution 1440p

The devil would be in trying to get the stupid thing shoe horned into my mid tower. I'm not into PC case hacking. The trend in electronics progression has always been smaller, lighter, faster and cheaper. GPU's these days are not following that traditional trend. They are not falling next to nothing in price as plasma televisions did. Stupid smartphones are going pricier and bigger.

Last edited:
"Stupid smartphones"

That is the best description I have seen of them.

The trend in electronics progression has always been smaller, lighter, faster and cheaper. GPU's these days are not following that traditional trend.

Well, if you consider the processing power that is being packed into those GPU boxes then the "faster" is certainly true, the "smaller" is also true if you consider that a GPU box with the same processing power would probably not have fitted into the PC case a few years ago.

As both Mac and Win user in the years and Dovetail' Train Sim also, I'll add my opinion: given that I agree with JonMyrleenBailey: lifelike motion and action behavior is mandatory, in 2K22, on the Win/PC platform, the Vulkan framework cannot be ignored. Especially when an old version (ts19) is sold as a new version (ts22) but just few enhancements are done (regardless Surveyor 2.0).
On the Mac side, I'm very impressed and glad about the porting onto the ARM side and Metal graphics. My opinion, as a Mac Studio user, is that the overall performance, is unacceptable but I also must record that Metal lacks many features needed by games if compared to Vulkan. I'll give my final score if and when Metal 3 features will be implemented. Also conscious of the fact that if this won't happen I'll not condemn Auran as simulators on Macs are a niche (simulators) in a niche (Mac platform). No reveneu, no improvement.
Back to overall graphic quality... Train Simulator World 3, regardless UE graphics or not, is wonderful.

For those who do NOT exhibit such things as stuttering, could you kindly please post your settings as examples to compare with this? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU ! ! !

Now, here are the game settings used to put on this 59-60 FPS slide show demo in the yard. Using PhysX simulation makes no difference. Shadow resolution makes no difference. Lower shadow settings make no difference. Minimum draw distance makes no difference. My eyes can't tell graphics quality apart using 4x vs 8x anti-aliasing. Even with bare bones settings, trains still pulsate along the track like a wristwatch section hand or a RainBird sprinkler head.

2V5dBWv.jpg

HI,
before we can compare visual effects, there’s a couple of unknown variables…

1) which route? If you say “all”, then choose the worst.
2) again, choose a session
3) what resolution monitor settings?

I don’t see stuttering on my pc, but some complex routes have odd visual effects at the star as everything loads (eg Aberdeen to Waverley on ECML)

Colin

Performance-Settings.png

My system is a Dell G5 5000 with 16GB RAM, i7-10700F at 2.9GHz, RTX3060Ti on Windows 10.

Trainz Plus build 117669 on a monitor 1290 x 1080 at 144Hz, full sync.

I finally managed to import my routes from TRS19 to TRS22, so I made a few tests as well.
I didn't see any stuttering, everything moves as smooth as butter:

Video settings (editor would not allow me to copy/paste image :eek: ):
Full Screen: 1920x1060@60fps
Vertical sync: Full

Sladow quality: High
Main shadow resolution: 4096
Shader quality: Ultra
Texture detail: Normal
Post processing: Ultra
Water quality: High
Detal scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 4x
[X] Use PhysX simulation[X] Process objects behind camera

System info:
Ryzen 9 3900X
RTX 2060
32 Gb ram
Windows 10

Last edited:
Sladow quality: High
Texture detail: Normal
Post processing: Ultra
Detal scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 4x
[ ] Use PhysX simulation[X] Process objects behind camera

RTX 3080,
i9-12600K
64 GB RAM

High RAM is for other things besides Trainz.

Shadow quality: Ultra
Texture detail: High
Post processing: low
Detail scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 8x
[ ] Use PhysX simulation[X] Process objects behind camera

Not Forgetting these that can also affect performance.
Draw Distance: Normally around 6000m any further is often off the map or over the horizon.
Tree Detail: Ultra

RTX 3070 Ti
Ryzen 7 3800X
16 GB RAM

Same settings as above with
GTX1080 TI
Intel i7-6700K
16GB Ram

Apart from a difference in FPS neither stutter.

Back