Can you Swap out Locos in routes?

warzog

Most of the locos that come with the various routes are not interesting to me. I'd like to be able to play using my favorite locos. I used Trainz 2004/2006, and haven't played in a while. Thinking about getting Trainz 2022, but this is my only sticking point.

Last edited:
Thanx for the Welcome!
I purchased TRS22. I ran the first tutorial through to it's conclusion.
Then I swapped out the loco in the first tutorial, and saved it. I then loaded the modified local session, but when I reached the marker to stop, the tutorial wouldn't progress. What did I do wrong?
(I stopped at the marker, on it, through it, after it, backed up to it, nothing.)
Edit:
When I ran the unmodified tutorial there was a HUD in the lower right corner with the speed knob, and showed the speed. In the modified version that was missing. How do I get that back?

Last edited:
Thanx for the Welcome!
I purchased TRS22. I ran the first tutorial through to it's conclusion.
Then I swapped out the loco in the first tutorial, and saved it. I then loaded the modified local session, but when I reached the marker to stop, the tutorial wouldn't progress. What did I do wrong?
(I stopped at the marker, on it, through it, after it, backed up to it, nothing.)
Edit:
When I ran the unmodified tutorial there was a HUD in the lower right corner with the speed knob, and showed the speed. In the modified version that was missing. How do I get that back?

Alright, when you replace a locomotive in a session, it messes up with the Track Markers, Triggers and Session Rules. You would need to modify the entire session. Best thing to do is to create a new session and mess around in there.

As for the HUD disappearing, you will need to select the driver face in the bottom left corner and add a new driver. Then, select the 'Move to Destination' button (it has two trains with arrows pointing at eachother) and click the locomotive you want.

Hope this helped, and welcome to the Forums (and to an extent, modern Trainz)!

The whole point is to learn.
While editing the entire session takes a while, doing so will help me learn how.
Creating a new session, without knowing how, or what to do, would be harder, I think.
Is there a tutorial that shows how to create a Driver session?
(I've only had the game since yesterday, and I spent seven hours finding and downloading locos and routes.)
Thanx for the help, and the welcome.

Last edited:
N3V has a YouTube channel called N3V Games that has plenty of videos covering all aspects of the game. There are also several other channels that feature Trainz content. Just search for Trainz tutorials.

William

Last edited:
N3V has a YouTube channel called N3V Games that has plenty of videos covering all aspects of the game. There are also several other channels that feature Trainz content. Just search for Trainz tutorials.

William

Thank You so much. I'll check it out.

Back