Thread: Can you Swap out Locos in routes?

Default Can you Swap out Locos in routes?

Most of the locos that come with the various routes are not interesting to me. I'd like to be able to play using my favorite locos. I used Trainz 2004/2006, and haven't played in a while. Thinking about getting Trainz 2022, but this is my only sticking point.
    Last edited by warzog; August 8th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Yes, you can do that just like any other Trainz version.

Welcome to the forums!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Thanx for the Welcome!
    I purchased TRS22. I ran the first tutorial through to it's conclusion.
    Then I swapped out the loco in the first tutorial, and saved it. I then loaded the modified local session, but when I reached the marker to stop, the tutorial wouldn't progress. What did I do wrong?
    (I stopped at the marker, on it, through it, after it, backed up to it, nothing.)
    Edit:
    When I ran the unmodified tutorial there was a HUD in the lower right corner with the speed knob, and showed the speed. In the modified version that was missing. How do I get that back?
    Last edited by warzog; August 8th, 2022 at 01:22 PM.

Blog Entries

At the very bottom right there are three dots, click on them to change it back.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by warzog View Post
    Thanx for the Welcome!
    I purchased TRS22. I ran the first tutorial through to it's conclusion.
    Then I swapped out the loco in the first tutorial, and saved it. I then loaded the modified local session, but when I reached the marker to stop, the tutorial wouldn't progress. What did I do wrong?
    (I stopped at the marker, on it, through it, after it, backed up to it, nothing.)
    Edit:
    When I ran the unmodified tutorial there was a HUD in the lower right corner with the speed knob, and showed the speed. In the modified version that was missing. How do I get that back?
    Alright, when you replace a locomotive in a session, it messes up with the Track Markers, Triggers and Session Rules. You would need to modify the entire session. Best thing to do is to create a new session and mess around in there.

As for the HUD disappearing, you will need to select the driver face in the bottom left corner and add a new driver. Then, select the 'Move to Destination' button (it has two trains with arrows pointing at eachother) and click the locomotive you want.

Hope this helped, and welcome to the Forums (and to an extent, modern Trainz)!
    Go find someone else to bully..

The whole point is to learn.
    While editing the entire session takes a while, doing so will help me learn how.
    Creating a new session, without knowing how, or what to do, would be harder, I think.
    Is there a tutorial that shows how to create a Driver session?
    (I've only had the game since yesterday, and I spent seven hours finding and downloading locos and routes.)
    Thanx for the help, and the welcome.
    Last edited by warzog; August 9th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

N3V has a YouTube channel called N3V Games that has plenty of videos covering all aspects of the game. There are also several other channels that feature Trainz content. Just search for Trainz tutorials.

William
    Last edited by wreeder; August 9th, 2022 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    N3V has a YouTube channel called N3V Games that has plenty of videos covering all aspects of the game. There are also several other channels that feature Trainz content. Just search for Trainz tutorials.

William
    Thank You so much. I'll check it out.