SP4 Crashes

hholdenaz

Recently, I reinstalled SP4, and now it crashes when I try to do a database repair: it just closes automatically! this isn't supposed to happen: database repairs can't make the game crash! Can someone please tell me how to fix this glitch?

I am assuming, from the thread title, that you are referring to TRS19-Platinum SP4, but you also have Trainz+ in your timeline. If you have the subscription and TRS19 (any version) then it automatically become Trainz Plus so is it Trainz+ that is crashing on a DBR?

My first step would be to update your Trainz (whatever version) to SP5.

Since it is happening on more than one version, then I would suspect a Windows driver issue. The sound drivers in particular have been a source of problems in the past.

I am assuming, from the thread title, that you are referring to TRS19-Platinum SP4, but you also have Trainz+ in your timeline. If you have the subscription and TRS19 (any version) then it automatically become Trainz Plus so is it Trainz+ that is crashing on a DBR?

My first step would be to update your Trainz (whatever version) to SP5.

Quit telling me to upgrade to SP5! That version has broken TTTE Scripts, I can't use it!

The odd thing is TRS19 is still going on in the background even after it closes without warning.

Now please tell me a fix that doesn't require updating to SP5

Since it is happening on more than one version, then I would suspect a Windows driver issue. The sound drivers in particular have been a source of problems in the past.

Can You please explain how I can check this? I think I forgot

I found this on the Web - https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-check-for-driver-updates-on-windows-10-11/

I have a commercial utility program installed that automatically checks my system drivers and updates them (after checking with me first) when necessary.

Drivers can also be updated through the normal Windows update process - but this has sometimes led to generic windows drivers being installed instead of the manufacturers recommended drivers.

.... database repairs can't make the game crash! Can someone please tell me how to fix this glitch?

Database repairs can crash the game easily, mostly because defect piece of content. Thats why I would recommend You to hunt in Your memory what were last assets added to Your collection and remove them before DB repair again. If game is crashing after fresh install, it may indicate different issue anyway.

Back