Lookout Pass Issues

dinsdale

Hi People.

Love this route, but its always had its problems and they have reappeared with a vengence.

MacOS Monterey. Trainz 2022 117688

Lookout Pass Summer. Can leave Mulan and collect the consist at the Lucky Friday Mine successfully. First indication of problem is that I can't reset the points leading into the mine once I've collected the consist. And then about a mile up the line, I ge the message that I haven't completed the task of collecting the consist so the session is terminated.

Lookout Pass Winter. Can't leave the yard at Haugan because while the only light showing is a green, the track profile shows a red light right behind the green which isn't visible. So again, session is terminated.

How can I fix these?

Andrew

You may have a corrupted download of the session. In T:ANE there is only the one signal. The rest of the line is "in the dark." Do you have the route in T:ANE? You might compare the two. More I cannot say.

:B~\

Good luck. I did overlook the signals at the far west end of the line, west of Mullan, in my last. There should be a red placard "End of Track" marker/signal at the board edge. There are eastbound and westbound signals about 20 meters before it and thus the westbound signal should always show yellow. You'll see that about 15 miles before it, after you're through Taft. There are no other signals, invisible or visible, on the line. Ran it this past week to be sure.

:B~)

Hi People.
Lookout Pass Summer. Can leave Mulan and collect the consist at the Lucky Friday Mine successfully. First indication of problem is that I can't reset the points leading into the mine once I've collected the consist. And then about a mile up the line, I ge the message that I haven't completed the task of collecting the consist so the session is terminated.

Lookout Pass Winter. Can't leave the yard at Haugan because while the only light showing is a green, the track profile shows a red light right behind the green which isn't visible. So again, session is terminated.

How can I fix these?

Andrew

Not familiar with the route. Are you running a Tane route in '19 or '22? Many Tane routes don't work well in '19 and '22 and the invisible signal red light problem is a common one. You can edit the session rules and delete the rule that kills the game if a red light is run. You can then run red lights as you please without the game stopping. I can't speak as to the first problem.

I get the same errors in beta build 118533 (Mac). I've played these sessions in T:ANE in the past without problems, so likely some feature in the sessions that doesn't translate well to TRS22.
How to fix? You could wait for the session author for a fix (which may not happen), or you could delve into the session instructions to fix the problem in a session copy. Might be fun to do.:cool:

Thanks all. Running on Trainz 22. I remember both issues being present in earlier versions of TANE although fixed at some point. Annoying it hasn't stayed fixed.

I uninstalled, repaired database, reinstalled and repaired again. No change.

Not familiar with editing sessions so going to be a learning curve.

Last edited:
Easy. Very easy. This is a good opportunity for you to start learning sessions...

Instead of launching your session select it and "Edit Session". (or if already in Driver hit Tools and Edit session.) Click top left "Edit" (paper/pencil) and "Edit Session." Each item you see is a "session rule" which "runs" the session. Look for "Signal Passd At Danger Check Rule" - click on it to select it and and "delete." Then hit the checkmark on bottom right to close window. Run your session.

If you still want the warning dialog (if there is one) when you click on the rule you may see "child" rules under it. If not click the triangle on left to show them. Look for the actual "End Session" rule and delete it only. There is likely a "message popup" rule above it with the msg that you ran a red light. By leaving it you still get the msg but with the End Session rule gone the game won't quit.

Challenge... pick a really simple session and start learning all the commands used and what they do. Soon you will be making your own sessions!
This will get you started: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Rule_List_with_Parameters

Better yet, Open the Session for editting and delete any extraneous signal(s). As noted before, there should be none between the MILW signal at Haugan and the west end of the NP line.

Is TUME's 2022 version different from the T:ANE session? I'm looking at <kuid2:82412:104611:9> Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel in T:ANE.

:B~)

Back