Quick town blocks?

GelGiGue

building towns, while enjoyable to me can be painstakingly slow. i was wondering if anyone knew of some big uk steam era blocks, which have several buildings in one asset for very quick building. i know of shoves's townblock 1, and those two village blocks as well as the albert street terraces. howver, i am look for something more along the lines of this. https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/101823641560826042/

I did some digging around but couldn't find anything I think in the size you're looking for CUK-series Sholborn, I think is the name of the user, has made some small groups of shops and I think terraces. If you are looking for US type stuff, Dave Snow, aka davesnow, made a bunch of storefronts and also splines of townhouses that might be useful. Others including Dave Drake (dmdrake) made plenty of houses and city blocks. His Cityscape series are great for US and Canada, but probably not what you're looking for.

I'm still using the city blocks by Drake and created some scrapebooks in S20 to speed up the work

I have developed a number of steam era towns over the years in my 1950s era routes which are on the DLS. Why not download those routes and use the scrapbook to copy those towns or portions of them them to where you need them on your route. The scrapbook is a great way to copy things like big industries, farms and towns from one route to another while saving you the tedium of building them one item at a time in the process. After copying then just modify/replace certain elements to make the towns your own.

Bob

Good luck trying to find or create housing or retail blocks that are not rectangles to use for your own route. So, I suggest you consider a grid system for your city. The next thing to think about is whether the time spent looking for a specific rectangular block from someone else's route on the DLS might be better spent just building your own blocks from scratch. Especially if you already know the style or specific buildings you want to include. Once you create a few different blocks on your own, it's just a matter of copy and paste to build your city.

Last edited:
Back