Constant CTD in build 117009 when replacing track

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Every time I try to do a mass replace of track on a route, TS2019 crashes to desktop. No warning -- nothing. Just an immediate CTD when I click "Begin." Doesn't matter if I'm doing "immediate area" or "entire route," it still crashes.

I'm replacing KUID(s) 930825:101971 or 82358:100258 with either KUID2(s) 458053:100664:3 or 458053:103702:2 in any original/replacement combination.

Is there some maximum size a route hits that can prevent mass replacements? The route I'm working on has 66 boards, which shouldn't be an overly large amount. Or, is it possible something in the route, unrelated to track, is messing things up?

Bill

It could be a bug in a certain build of trainz 19, or it could be your computer memory. Maybe your memory is low, do you have enough RAM and virtual memory?

On the route, I found a spot where the original track had been "doubled back" upon itself. One of those little glitches that appears when you try to create a switch and attach the wrong track. I corrected this, saved, and reloaded. The replacement went fine. I guess I should have added my solution, but since nobody answered, I didn't.

Bill

On the route, I found a spot where the original track had been "doubled back" upon itself. One of those little glitches that appears when you try to create a switch and attach the wrong track. I corrected this, saved, and reloaded. The replacement went fine. I guess I should have added my solution, but since nobody answered, I didn't.

Bill
That's odd that a track laying error like that caused a CTD when replaced. It sounds like the program couldn't calculate the track segments and got confused. Instead of putting up an error message, even a cryptic one, it went off to the bit bucket instead.

Well, N3V isn't too long on error messages anyway, so you might be right. The ones that really grind my gears are getting the "bonk" but nothing else. One has NO idea what just happened. Just the "bonk."

Bill

Back