Which Sites Do You Recommend?

Perhaps my English is terrible, but at the end of the page that I put there are 4 SD9 locomotives, if you read to the right of each locomotive it says:
Required Dependencies and a link under the words (Marker Pack)

Welcome to third party purgatory. Expect to spend time searching for missing assets and learning how to fix faulty assets. Especially locomotives, which are invariably missing a seemingly random mix of interiors, bogies, bells, hornsounds, engine sounds, coronas, and engine specs, OR having faulty assets of same. It is epidemic, and a normal way of life.

Last edited:
Minor Update Regadring SD9s:

Alright, I downloaded that Marker Pack, and only the D&RGW SD7 (#5301), The fictional Chop-Nosed SD9, called the "SD16", and the Undecorated EMD SD9 have worked. (All from Subpar Productions)

Unfortunately, the CofG (Central of Georgia) EMD SD9 from Subpar Productions and the SP SD9 from the USLW Archives site still do not work... Those damned

<kuid2:96914:980019:2> Class flag red flying
<kuid2:96914:980020:2> Class flag red furled

The two SD9 locomotives do not work because they have errors in Tane and higher, in the versions in which they were created they did not have problems.
To find out what the errors are, select a locomotive with the right mouse button in the content organizer and press "
View Errors and Warnings", just pay attention to the warnings in red.
I'll show you what the errors are and how to fix them yourself.

<kuid2:96914:9492:3> SD9 Central of Georgia 204 build 2.9
The error is: <kuid2:96914:9492:3> VE76: Unable to load mesh file: 'sd9_undec_body/lowbell.im'
Look inside the config.tex and where it says:
Code:
bell
  {
    att                                 "a.base"
    att-parent                          "default"
    mesh                                "sd9_undec_body/lowbell.im"
    auto-create                         1
  }
You have to change it to:
Code:
bell
  {
    mesh                                "sd9_cofg_body/lowbell.im"
  }
If you don't make any typing errors, the locomotive will appear to you without errors in Tane.

Second locomotive SP SD9 from the USLW Archives
<kuid2:173286:220037:1> sd9 SP build 2
The error are:
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1a.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*B64F0BB1*mtl #5*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1b.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1b.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*6B0DFE96*mtl #11*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_2b.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_2b.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*EC942D3D*mtl #10*m.onetex'.

Summarizing the errors tell you that the "lod3.im" mesh is missing three textures:
digit_1a.texture
digit_1b.texture
digit_2b.texture

To fix it make 3 text files with the following names:
digit_1a.texture.txt
digit_1b.texture.txt
digit_2b.texture.txt

Inside the three text files place the following text:
Primary=fan.tga
Tile=st

Then paste the three text files inside the locomotive folder called: sd9_undec_body

If you don't make any typing errors, the locomotive will appear to you without errors in Tane.

The two SD9 locomotives do not work because they have errors in Tane and higher, in the versions in which they were created they did not have problems.
To find out what the errors are, select a locomotive with the right mouse button in the content organizer and press "
View Errors and Warnings", just pay attention to the warnings in red.
I'll show you what the errors are and how to fix them yourself.

<kuid2:96914:9492:3> SD9 Central of Georgia 204 build 2.9
The error is: <kuid2:96914:9492:3> VE76: Unable to load mesh file: 'sd9_undec_body/lowbell.im'
Look inside the config.tex and where it says:
Code:
bell
  {
    mesh                                "sd9_undec_body/lowbell.im"
  }
You have to change it to:
Code:
bell
  {
    mesh                                "sd9_cofg_body/lowbell.im"
  }

Second locomotive SP SD9 from the USLW Archives
<kuid2:173286:220037:1> sd9 SP build 2
The error are:
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1a.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*B64F0BB1*mtl #5*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1b.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_1b.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*6B0DFE96*mtl #11*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_2b.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-9D||kuid2 173286 220037 1.tzarc|'
- <kuid2:173286:220037:1> VE165: Texture 'sd9_undec_body/digit_2b.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'sd9_undec_body/lod3.im', material '*lod3*EC942D3D*mtl #10*m.onetex'.

Summarizing the errors tell you that the "lod3.im" mesh is missing three textures:
digit_1a.texture
digit_1b.texture
digit_2b.texture

To fix it make 3 text files with the following names:
digit_1a.texture.txt
digit_1b.texture.txt
digit_2b.texture.txt

Inside the three text files place the following text:
Primary=fan.tga
Tile=st

Then paste the three text files inside the locomotive folder called: sd9_undec_body

Golly! Thank you very much! I will change this when I have the time!

Oh Darn, Frank_Dean? Ugh... I thought I was going to Edit Config Files for the SP Bloody Nose SD9... Unfortunately, it seems harder than that. I see myself as a "Modern Boomer", I see myself good/decent with most computer stuff, buuut... Will I need to use Fire Explorer? And how do I create text files? I hardly ever use FE.

This is from the first Windows teaching course.
Anywhere on the desktop or in a folder:
Right button / New / Text document

Alright, thank you for the explanation, but will I be able to find "sd9_undec_body" within the "SD9_SP_bloody_nose" file? Also, I am on the edge about doing this. Every time I try to open the SD9_SP_bloody_nose file (From USLW), I am greeted to a "View - Downloads Internet Explorer" tab. If I hit "Open", I get an Internet Explorer Security Tab, asking If I want to Allow a website opening web content using this program on my computer. I've always clicked "Don't Allow" for Privacy Reasons. If I knew and could, I would send screenshots.

Good news is, I was able to create three text documents, and basically copy and pasted what you sent me, separately for each document and what needed to be in which, of course.

From your words I see that you have problems searching, opening, manipulating and changing files and folders with Windows Explorer, it is better that you do not touch anything if you do not have a minimum knowledge of basic computing.
Enjoy what works for you, and don't worry about what doesn't.

I offer you a new basic explanation of how to locate and fix <kuid2:173286:220037:1> sd9 SP build 2, I don't know if it's the one you have, it's the one I explained to you earlier.

Using Tane's content organizer, find the locomotive.

1-Check that we are talking about the same locomotive and the same errors.
2- Right button / Open / Show in explorer
3-A window will open with the contents of the locomotive (files and folders).
4- A folder called: sd9_undec_body appears
5- Open the folder and paste inside the three files that you opened before:
digit_1a.texture.txt
digit_1b.texture.txt
digit_2b.texture.txt
6-Close the folder and the windows explorer window.
7-With the content organizer, right click on the locomotive that is in open edition and and click on Submit Edits.

If you have done everything correctly and without typos or syntax errors, the locomotive will appear in Tane.

If you are not sure of the steps that I have explained to you or you do not understand them, it is better that you do nothing.

I thank you for the help, I opened the folder through the asset kuid, and opened it through Explorer. I pasted all of the three files needed, closed, saved (Into sd9_undec_body), and submitted edits, but it still didn't work. Maybe since you mentioned it only works for T: ANE SP Build 2, because I use T: ANE SP4.

JointedRail offers a Southern Pacific EMD "SD9e" but it is only for Trainz 12, maybe in time, or a few years, they may release a version for T: ANE.

I apologize if I sounded incompetent or foolish, but I thank you for your guidance and patience.

Last edited:
If it doesn't work for you, it's because you've made some kind of mistake (a letter, comma, point or space more or less).
Locomotives work perfectly in Tane after fixing them.
Since you confuse the build , the two locomotives were originally created to:
<kuid2:96914:9492:3> SD9 Central of Georgia 204, build 2.9 = Trainz2009
<kuid2:173286:220037:1> sd9 SP ,build 2 = 2.0 = Trainz2004
If you follow the steps explained above carefully, the locomotives will work for you in Tane SP4

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong, I believe my first error was including the titles of the documents within each document along with the "Primary=fan.tga" and "Tile=st" Texts, so what I did was remove the document titles, save, submit, put it under sd9_undec_body, but it still didn't work, even after submitting and saving edits.

Could it be a title typo? One of three of mine do not have a ".texture.txt" at the end, and is just ".texture" Without the ".txt" at the end...

Do you recommend I stop before I actually screw something up?

An image is worth more than 1000 words, name and content of the three text files, the same within the three files.
If you don't follow the instructions, you're better off quitting.

digit-3-files.jpg

Alright, I fixed everything, but it still won't work. I made sure to make sure everything was correct, including the three text documents, but the SP SD9 is still labelled as "Modified, Faulty". Anything else I am missing?

Alright, I fixed everything, but it still won't work. I made sure to make sure everything was correct, including the three text documents, but the SP SD9 is still labelled as "Modified, Faulty". Anything else I am missing?

You need to view the errors to know what exactly is faulty. An error occurred message means nothing without the actual information.

So, what's the error this time?

Make a copy of your config file and copy into a message, along an image of the errors. Syntax has to be exact or the compile process is gonna yap at you.

As "JCitron" rightly says, we need to know exactly what the errors are.

Select the locomotive in the content organizer with the right mouse button and click view errors and warnings.
In the window that opens, copy and paste here in the forum the sentences that begin with a red symbol.

As I said before the original errors of the locomotive <kuid2:173286:220037:1> sd9 SP were that the mesh "lod3.im" was missing 3 textures with the names:
digit_1a.texture
digit_1b.texture
digit_2b.texture

Back