Can these files be deleted?

Hi all, so I was curious if the "hash" files in the local folder are able to be deleted without breaking the game. there's over 140GB of them and its clogging up my computer. They're labeled "hash-00", "Hash-0A", "Hash-0B" and so on.
(I apologize if this is the wrong place to be posting this)

If you delete those files you will be left without the game, both the local folder and the original folder contain the files you download from the DLS, from other Trainz websites and what you do (routes and sessions) or modify.

You can delete what the backups folder contains, if you have not selected or changed it during the last 7 days that you have used the game, it is where a backup copy of everything you have installed, modified and even deleted is kept. You can select at the beginning of the game that instead of 7 days of backups it will only be 0, 1, 2 or whatever you want.
Start/ Trainz Settings/ Dev / Daily backups to keep

Hello I have 4 solid state drives in my computer case, 3 trainz programs in "C" drive, N3V folder hit 1TB on 2TB "E" drive! I has no problem with it.

List I have, C:=1TB , D:=250GB for backup on cdp, E:=2TB for Games on different games installed include N3V folder as last F:=1TB for trainz files which content user list who made and search kuid # to find to match I collected whole file on website .

Please don't delete folder Buy SSD now cheap price, you need get min 1 TB as second drive!

John

Never delete the hash files or anything else within the game data unless told to do so.

What you can do is reduce your backups. Click on the Launcher. Click on Trainz settings then the dev tab. You'll see the backups at 7. Change to a smaller number.

The backups themselves are found in the "Backups" folder located where your content is located. Delete the oldest folders then empty your trash.

These backups can be quite substantial if you've been doing a lot of route building, updating, and content editing because Trainz since TS12 makes a backup of the asset prior to editing, deleting, updating or modifying.

Never delete the hash files or anything else within the game data unless told to do so.

What you can do is reduce your backups. Click on the Launcher. Click on Trainz settings then the dev tab. You'll see the backups at 7. Change to a smaller number.

The backups themselves are found in the "Backups" folder located where your content is located. Delete the oldest folders then empty your trash.

These backups can be quite substantial if you've been doing a lot of route building, updating, and content editing because Trainz since TS12 makes a backup of the asset prior to editing, deleting, updating or modifying.

Hmm alright. I don't have any backups anyways so I guess Im outta luck for now, thanks though.

Hello I have 4 solid state drives in my computer case, 3 trainz programs in "C" drive, N3V folder hit 1TB on 2TB "E" drive! I has no problem with it.

List I have, C:=1TB , D:=250GB for backup on cdp, E:=2TB for Games on different games installed include N3V folder as last F:=1TB for trainz files which content user list who made and search kuid # to find to match I collected whole file on website .

Please don't delete folder Buy SSD now cheap price, you need get min 1 TB as second drive!

John

I have been trying to buy a drive but since Im still under my parents' roof, they wont let me spend my money on anything unless its for school. So I'm kinda lost there.

Hmm alright. I don't have any backups anyways so I guess Im outta luck for now, thanks though.

You don't have this folder?

E:\TRS22_DATA\backups ?

My Trainz data folder is bold, substitute for your own.

Under that folder is other folders such as this from today:

22-08-05

YY-DD-MM format.

It's these folders that fill up and add up pretty quickly. I just deleted 20GB from mine yesterday.

I have been trying to buy a drive but since Im still under my parents' roof, they wont let me spend my money on anything unless its for school. So I'm kinda lost there.

If you use your computer to do schoolwork and trainz, then you can tell them that it's for your computer. You can also explain that that way, you have more room on your computer for schoolwork if they let you get an external hard drive. I too live with my parents, but it's because I'm Autistic, which means I'm legally disabled, so they have guardianship over me. Also, if I want to make a big purchase, like an external hard drive, I usually run it by them before buying it.

Last edited:
Back