Route changes saved as session

Hey Guys,
I'm still fairly new to Trainz 2019 still getting use to it and have started building my own route as you do, tested a few things in driver then proceeded to change the route in surveyor and upon going back into the route found that my changes have only been applied to the automatically made session. I have tried to look for an answer on how to save the now session route into the actual route but unfortunately don't know where to look. If someone has encountered the same issue and knows how to I guess replace the unedited route with the session version then that'd be greatly appreciated thanks guys.
Regards, Railsimulator09.

... tested a few things in driver then proceeded to change the route in surveyor and upon going back into the route found that my changes have only been applied to the automatically made session.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that - for example, did you switch directly from Driver to Surveyor via the Tools Menu in Driver? If this is the case then you are using the UDS (Universal Driver Surveyor) feature found in TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus that allows you to switch between Driver and Surveyor and back again without having to stop and exit a Driver session. This is a powerful tool but it does take some careful use.

There is a Trainz Wiki Page that covers the UDS and the correct techniques for using it - see https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_the_UDS_Interface

There is also a detailed guide to the differences between routes, sessions and driver games, and how to correctly use them. See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Route_and_Session_Basics

Yeah that's pretty much what happened to my unknown knowledge as I come from previous Trainz games where this has not been an option before I haven't really made this mistake before. Is there any way of fixing it though because I didn't realize until I made quiet a few changes basically changed the whole route.
Regards, Railsimulator09.

You should be able to select each object and click on the properties button and changer the layer from a dropdown - change it from Session Layer to Route Layer.

As you are only in the early stages of creating your route and not into sessions yet it is simple. When you are in surveyor, select the layer tab from the selection on the right. You highlight sessions and select the merge button on the bottom and merge them together. Everything in the session layer will go into the route layer. This applies to any layer you might add in the future. Remember that with UDS if you alter something in surveyor and go into driver mode any saves will only save the route and session at the point of saving. Trains will not be at the original start position.

The easiest way to fix it is to merge the session into the route with the merge route tool. As a rule, I always save the route before test driving and then exit and reload the route

Back