N3V: Trains Plus download offers no content for Gold/Plus members [Solved]

1611mac

- - . -
SOLVED - SEE POST 5

I'm a Gold member.
Seems odd to me that I'm offered a TrainzPlus download in "MyTrainz" but when installed it doesn't seem to know I'm a Gold member as I have no DLC available (except to purchase).

Yes, my TRS22 updates to the latest beta (118495) and it has all DLC but shouldn't I have my DLC with a TrainzPlus install??

In the future will my TRS22 continue to update to "TrainsPlus" AND "Gold" (DLC)?

Having a separate TrainsPlus install is somewhat confusing now... at least for Gold/Plus members.

Last edited:
I'm a Gold member.
Seems odd to me that I'm offered a TrainzPlus download in "MyTrainz" but when installed it doesn't seem to know I'm a Gold member as I have no DLC available (except to purchase).

Yes, my TRS22 updates to the latest beta (118495) and it has all DLC but shouldn't I have my DLC with a TrainzPlus install??

In the future will my TRS22 continue to update to "TrainsPlus" AND "Gold" (DLC)?

Having a separate TrainsPlus install is somewhat confusing now... at least for Gold/Plus members.

Trainz Plus is separate to TRS22, you need to download your DLC via the content store, it's not included in the installer because it would be massive. Your DLC should be under Purchased not forgetting you may also need to select some of it online under the Content Vault before it appears under purchased, the Vault is in My Memberships.
If you have just installed Train Plus you may need to reboot for the DLC to catch up with you in Content Store.

Go to MyTrainz and under the membership select content vault to get access to DLC. You click on select to get access to that DLC content.

I guess I didn't explain well. My Trains Plus install does not offer my gold DLC from the CONTENT STORE. Unlike my TRS22 install which gives me ALL DLC my TrainsPlus is wanting me to pay for all the DLC. In other words, my TrainsPlus install does not know I'm a Gold subscriber.

And to be clear... When I download and install "TrainsPlus" it appears to be the exact same TRS22. I have the TRS22 logo and the "+" so to me they seem to be exactly the same build but TrainsPlus doesn't know I'm Gold.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Very odd. I did a re-install of TrainsPlus, updated, set account (just like before) and now my gold content is available to download from the Store where as before the only option was purchase...

Last edited:
UPDATE: Very odd. I did a re-install of TrainsPlus, updated, set account (just like before) and now my gold content is available to download from the Store where as before the only option was purchase...

Ahh one of those unexplained Trainz glitches!

Well, I just have no assurance what the "TrainsPlus" version was/is so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to see. (clear as mud) I'm not clear if '22 (download) Plus beta stream is the same as TrainsPlus (download) beta stream. They both have the same build numbers but you know... some features are tied to the account. One can just never be completely sure what is what around here.

I just don't get the difference between '22 beta stream and the "TrainsPlus" download. You end up with latest beta of '22. Why this download named "TrainsPlus" in "MyTrainz?"

Moderators: Feel free to change name of title or add "Resolved." The title is not correct as stated and I don't want to misrepresent the product.

The MyTrainz download is the last public released version of TRS22. TRS22 is the retail version and will not upgrade to new beta features. TRS22 Plus is the same version but can be updated via the Trainz Plus Stream. Open your Trainz settings/install and click on change Trainz update stream. In the next two windows just click next until you see the change stream box. Click on it and select Trainz Plus. Next time you launch TRS22 it will check for any new beta updates.

Trainz Plus is a different version to TRS22 now, it was split a few months back, non Plus users have to download the TRS22 installer, Plus users have to download Trainz Plus.

Streams are now, having just looked:
Trainz Plus (probably handy for those who don't want to test all the new stuff yet and stay on the Plus release version).
Trainz Plus Beta (For Plus and Gold Plus subscribers only)
TRS22
TRS22 Beta (when there is one which there isn't at the moment)
TRS19
TRS19 Platinum
TRS19 Platinum Beta (now Ended and TRS19 morphed into TRS19 Platinum for Plus subscribers)

TANE appears to have dropped of the list now.
The difference in the Logos on the Launcher is Plus has the + sign appended and TRS22 has 22 appended to it.
So contrary to TRS19 you can't upgrade from TRS22 to Plus you need a new install of Plus.

Need to think of Trainz Plus as a different version to TRS22 not TRS22 Plus as that doesn't exist.

If you have Plus you can also download and install TRS22 as a separate Install or as some have done in error and installed TRS22 when they should have installed Plus and were wondering where the Plus Surveyor 2 stuff was.

RE:
"Trainz Plus is a different version to TRS22 now, it was split a few months back"
"Need to think of Trainz Plus as a different version to TRS22 not TRS22 Plus as that doesn't exist."

Yes, but my install that came through the "transition" ('19 to '22 to TrainsPlus) is still updated to build 118495 and is labeled "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Launcher" as does my newly installed TrainzPlus 118495 and it has all the features of TrainsPlus and both generate 5.2 version routes.

So everything you say might be new for newly installed versions but not existing versions that came thru the beta update process. '19 became '22 which then became "TrainsPlus."

My only point is that there has to be a better way to implement (product changing) version changes without morphing one into another. And this happens without full explantion. Rather than the Patch Installer just changing '19 to '22 to 'TrainsPlus they should make the user download the new product. After all, the user may want to KEEP a copy of the version they have (5.0 to 5.1 to 5.2, etc) without rebuilding one. I don't think it's clear that a new build update will produce a new build version number (5.0 to 5.1 to 5.2)

What also comes to mind is the transition from '19 to '22 where a new build number was implemented ('19 became '22) and then they had to issue a couple more builds for '19 under the highter build number. So '19 was '19 but with a '22 build number.

It's all just to muddled....

Just thoughts...

Last edited:
I also have TRS22 for a long time, but the profile shows that I use only TRS19 ... And beta versions come, but this is not reflected anywhere on the forum. And no Trainz+

I also have TRS22 for a long time, but the profile shows that I use only TRS19 ... And beta versions come, but this is not reflected anywhere on the forum. And no Trainz+

That's one for the help desk to sort out, looks like your permissions are messed up, it does happen occasionally.

RE:
"Trainz Plus is a different version to TRS22 now, it was split a few months back"
"Need to think of Trainz Plus as a different version to TRS22 not TRS22 Plus as that doesn't exist."

Yes, but my install that came through the "transition" ('19 to '22 to TrainsPlus) is still updated to build 118495 and is labeled "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Launcher" as does my newly installed TrainzPlus 118495 and it has all the features of TrainsPlus and both generate 5.2 version routes.

So everything you say might be new for newly installed versions but not existing versions that came thru the beta update process. '19 became '22 which then became "TrainsPlus."

My only point is that there has to be a better way to implement (product changing) version changes without morphing one into another. And this happens without full explantion. Rather than the Patch Installer just changing '19 to '22 to 'TrainsPlus they should make the user download the new product. After all, the user may want to KEEP a copy of the version they have (5.0 to 5.1 to 5.2, etc) without rebuilding one. I don't think it's clear that a new build update will produce a new build version number (5.0 to 5.1 to 5.2)

What also comes to mind is the transition from '19 to '22 where a new build number was implemented ('19 became '22) and then they had to issue a couple more builds for '19 under the highter build number. So '19 was '19 but with a '22 build number.

It's all just to muddled....

Just thoughts...

All updates on the Beta stream were announced on the forums together with any change to the version number. As you are using the Beta stream from TRS19 this will update to the latest version each time you accept the update. Refuse the update and the version will remain at that level. The MyTrainz downloads are TRS22 117655 retail version, no updates are possible until the next public release. TRS22 117669 Trainz Plus version. this will allow updates depending on the membership you have. Change the update stream to Trainz Plus Beta to get new updates. This will be the same as the one you have updated since TRS19.

Sanek17 Trainz + only shows if you opted for one of the membership options.

It turns out that I can download Trainz 22 and TrainzPlus in my profile, but this is not displayed anywhere?

Think its because Trainz Plus users have access to other versions they might not have as in TANE TRS19 TRS19 Platinum presumably now TRS22 seems to have joined the list, I have both TRS22 and Trainz Plus installed, haven't seen it posted as such anywhere however if its available in MyTrainz which only shows what you are entitled to it must be OK.

Re the Helpdesk, just keep clicking other until you get to the submit ticket otherwise you keep getting redirected to the help pages which are no help in your case.

Sanek17... I'm not sure I'm understanding your issue. I'm on Gold and when I go to MyTrainz and "Product Downloads" I have Tane, TRS19, TRS22, and TrainzPlus product downloads. You can download and install all 4 if you wish plus with TrainsPlus you can optionally have another install for the Beta Stream if you want all the beta releases. (or set your lone Plus install to beta stream.)

Don't know about your case but on that same page in MyTrainz "My Digital Downloads" does not offer a TrainsPlus install. And the TRS22 edition is the RETAIL edtion. There is a blurb at top of page that states it's the Retail verson and Gold/Plus users should download TrainzPlus but they don't say TrainzPlus is in the Product Downloads section.

I have no idea why there is both a MyDigital Downloads and a Product Downloads nor do I know why they differ.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "I can download Trainz 22 and TrainzPlus in my profile, but this is not displayed anywhere?" But I hope the above might help.

Pretty sure he is a Plus subscriber but it's not showing on his Timeline, however he has the Trainz Plus and the TRS22 Links in MyTrainz as all of us Plus subscribers do.

Back