bulk change layer

Ghost42

Is it possible to 'box select' objects to change layer?
An example would be to put trees on a separate layer.

You can move multiple different objects to the same layer by adding the names of each asset to the list, then set the "scope" or area where the move will take effect

• in selected area (you draw out a box to define the area)
  • in current select only (i.e. the current baseboard - only one baseboard)
  • anywhere on the route (everywhere)

You then must identify the destination layer and the % of assets to be moved.

None of the layers involved, source and destination, can be locked.

There are limitations, for example splines cannot be moved by this method.

See the Trainz Wiki Page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Bulk_Asset_Update/Replace_Tool

I haven't explored this in Surveyor 2.0 yet to see if it is any different.

Yes, I just checked it out in S20. It does work using the marquee tool BUT that selects ALL the objects in a boxed area, not just the object or objects that you want to move.

In the case where I have accidentally added a number of different grass types to the route layer and want to move just them and not the many bushes and trees that I have also added in the same area, I would find it more efficient to use the Surveyor Classic method I described in a post above. But certainly, if I wanted to move all the objects and did not want to spend the time individually identifying every different object (and later discovering that I missed a few) then the S20 method is more efficient.

in S20 you can select specific assets by setting the filter in the asset list to just that particular asset. If it's a particular type of asset, you can filter on the type rather than a specific asset.

Back