Merging 2 routes failed

Lewiscc65

I have tried to merge 2 of my routes in TRS19 Platinum Edition build 117009. Needless to say, it HAS FAILED. I left it go for an hour and nothing. When I stopped it and edited it all I got was some track but no boards or any tress or turf or elevation of ground. I moved the same 2 routes to the TRS22 build 118495 and they merged fine no problems. I assume this is a problem with TRS19. Anyone else have this problem?

I have tried to merge 2 of my routes in TRS19 Platinum Edition build 117009. Needless to say, it HAS FAILED. I left it go for an hour and nothing. When I stopped it and edited it all I got was some track but no boards or any tress or turf or elevation of ground. I moved the same 2 routes to the TRS22 build 118495 and they merged fine no problems. I assume this is a problem with TRS19. Anyone else have this problem?

Yup, tried to merge Eagle River and Legacy of the BN together and it didn’t work, but then I merged the original Legacy of the BN with Legacy of the BN 2 and BN Oasis and it worked, so I don’t know what’s up.

Check layers, assuming these are all non-DLC/payware routes.

Make sure there are no locked layers. I noticed that if a layer is locked this will cause crashes.

To make things easier later on when you tweak stuff on the new route, make sure all the sub-layers are collapsed down so that there is only a Session and Route layer left and not a lot of other layers.

To add to what John has posted above, only the Session layers of the first route are preserved in the merge process. The Session layers (if any) of the second route will be ignored. This also applies to all effect layers (TurfFX, Clutter, Water layer).

Route layers in both routes will be preserved in the merge provided none of the layers have the same name or are locked. Locked layers will cause issues - unlock them all first. One solution is to the name problem is to merge all the layers into a single route layer in each of the two routes before the merge but I prefer to preserve all the layers by making sure that each layer has a different name. This can be as simple as adding a "2" to the end of the layer names in the second route. This also helps to identify the source (first or second route) of each layer in the merged route.

There is a Trainz Wiki page dealing with merging routes at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Merge_Routes

Thank you for your reply's. To me is seems to be a problem with build 117009. I installed build 116678 and they merged fine.

Back