Attempting to import rail meshes

I am attempting to import 136 lb rail meshes into Trainz 2022 for a procedural track asset. When I tested to see if my rail meshes render in Trainz 2022 successfully, I have an issue where the rails do not appear and the assets in the content manager say modified-faulty. What is your advice to resolve this issue?

Right click on the faulty asset, choose View Errors. What are the errors?
I had fixed the initial errors. Now I have a rendering issue with my rail asset. I have tested to see how my custom 136 lb rail asset will render in Trainz 2022 by taking an existing procedural track and replace the existing rail with my custom made rail asset created in Blender 3.2. Unfortunately when looking on one side of the rail, the rail is transparent. I had also over a hundred warnings when I uploaded my mesh libary where shading is not recognized. The screenshot of the rendering issue is below.

Rendering issue screenshot

How 136 lb rail mesh appears in Blender 3.2

What is your advice for resolving this issue?
NLk1Ry2T

In 3DS MAX when i have this problem I use the Rest X-Form option, I think that In Blender could be the right choice too

In 3DS MAX when i have this problem I use the Rest X-Form option, I think that In Blender could be the right choice too
There seems to be no Rest X-Form option in Blender 3.2. Does anyone with experience with Blender know how to resolve the issue where only half of the rail mesh shows texture while the other half is transparent?

It's actually called "Reset XForm" (shorthand for Reset the Transform axes). The equivalent command in Blender, if there is one, will be called something else entirely but I have no idea what.

If the problem is with the normals pointing the wrong way on those side faces, you need to find the command(s) that allow you to select those faces and invert their normals, without affecting any unselected faces. I'm not a Blender user, so again I can't tell you what those commands are.

If that doesn't work, you might find this thread helpful. It relates to some bug in the Blender FBX exporter which causes face normals to get confused during the export process. The key bit of advice was from Whitepass (see post #3). You temporarily attach an extra rectangle to the mesh, then delete it. Somehow this coaxes the normals on the whole mesh behave themselves.

Last edited:
Blender 3.x TRS 2022 Export tutorial

I placed a thread under "General Trainz" yesterday requesting a text or video tutorial about the steps needed to export a blender 3.x object into TRS 2022. Almost done with a Manitowoc 3000W Crawler crane that I want to export into TRS 2002. I guess with TRS 2022 I will need to make three versions for LOD's. No problem. Also plan to export it into X-Plane 12 later. Then I saw this thread. Been learning Blender 3.x over the pass 9 months. Take care

Back