Trainz Plus Beta update available - Build#118495

All installed wonderfully! Around 10 faulty assets easily fixed in two minutes :mop:("So easy a caveman could do it!" :hehe: ) When listing dependencies, the CM does (as already mentioned) resize showing less columns though. To get around this minor issue simply slide the bar underneath, over. Other than that the program runs like a charm... for now :eek: Then again my cpu is new and rather high in spec's; so I might not be experiencing what others could be [not to boast of course! :cool: ]

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core,
NVIDIA 10GB GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB RAM,
Two 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD's (1 Trainz dedicated),

Win11

Try using your mouse cursor to click-hold-drag the top of the improperly windowed filter down towards the centre of the display.

Reduce the window with the dependencies before closing it. The next time, the window with the dependencies will open reduced. Then you can fully expand the window and the fully expanded window is ok.

Both work, thanks. But N3V has to fix this newly introduced bug!

I have the feeling, that something with the sound of locomotives is strange.

I have a 5.1 sound system and an 3840 x 1600 screen.

The example is the map <kuid2:351596:101128:1> GCR22 V1, the session <kuid2:351596:101130:1> GCR22 V1 : Prince's Risborough.

The focus is on the driving locomotive. If the front of the locomotive is looking to the viewer, the sound is concentrated to the middle speaker, if the front is looking to the left, the sound is concentrated to the left speaker, if the front is looking to the right, the sound is concentrated to the right speaker.
This behaviour is wrong. If the focus is on the locomotive, the sound should be concentrated to the middle speaker, more or less regardless of the position of the front.
It might be an other thing, if the locomotive is filling the whole screen, but not if the locomotive on the screen is centered around the middle speaker.

Do you have the same feeling with the sound?

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
I'm not using a fresh install, and my dependencies windows are the correct size.

The position-information is kept in a file called tane-settings.dat and is actually a text file.

Found here:

C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS PROFILE>\AppData\Local\com.n3vgames.trs22

Since I had an existing layout already established and I used the same setup, copied and pasted, this wasn't a new setup according to the new version and only an upgrade.

I'm not using a fresh install, and my dependencies windows are the correct size.

The position-information is kept in a file called tane-settings.dat and is actually a text file.

Found here:

C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS PROFILE>\AppData\Local\com.n3vgames.trs22

Since I had an existing layout already established and I used the same setup, copied and pasted, this wasn't a new setup according to the new version and only an upgrade.

Likewise just an upgrade using existing local data and no problem with the dependencies Window.

I get an instant CTD when starting.

The Launcher loads up fine.
Content Manager works fine.

I have zero missing dependencies except for the two sessions for KS 2.

No faulty assets reported.

Click Start Trainz and POOF! gone.

There's no DBR afterwards and nothing appears in Windows Event Viewer or in the Trainz log.

I tried different resolutions. Native at 2560 x 1440, with and without Vertical Sync and others.

Thinking it was something with my content, I created a new content folder on another drive and the same thing occurs.

Start and no warning CTD.

John sad to hear,
what happens if you have CM open and start from there (any route or session)?
and does the build-in viewer in CM works?

John sad to hear,
what happens if you have CM open and start from there (any route or session)?
and does the build-in viewer in CM works?

Yeah, I'm bummed but scheming. I may try an absolute fresh download then patched and see if that works.

I haven't tried that but then again that's actually starting up Trainz too and if it doesn't work then we know where the problem is.

EDIT:

Previewing assets works okay, but running the actual program does not.

Last edited:
I have three installs of build 118495, two on one computer and the third on a laptop. All work OK with no faulty assets.

However, the "List Dependency" window is not correctly sized on any of the installs. I can work around this problem with the previously mentioned fixes, but the fix needs to be applied for each new opening of the List Dependency window. This is a bug.

I wish I knew what this new build does other than trying to improve the multiple player environment and the content store downloads, neither of which have much interest to me.

CM opens as usual, but now when I click "List Dependencies" I get this (and it is not resizeable):

Same here on list dependencies

I have the same glitch

I am not seeing this problem on my install.

Same here. I was even able to expand the columns and resize the window across two monitor screens, close the window and reopen the List Dependencies window. It opened correctly across both monitor screens.

I have an update to my saga with the CTD. This is 100% related to my desktop install which I need to investigate further. I installed the beta on my old Alienware laptop, and it loaded without issues.

What's the difference?

Is it hardware?

The desktop, running Windows 11 is an i9, GTX3080, 64GB RAM, with multiple hard drives and two displays.

The laptop is an old Skylake i7-6700HQ, GTX980Ti (Laptop) with 32.GB RAM and two hard disks.

The other difference is there was no older TRS19/plus/22 version installed on the laptop, or at least in a very long time and that was removed.

Connecting to the same database, as used on the desktop, also works fine on the laptop.

I am having the same problem as JCitron Content Manager works...Launcher works. When I hit start trainz game crashes... I Did a clean install same thing

Last edited:
I am having the same problem as JCitron Content Manager works...Launcher works. When I hit start trainz game crashes... I Did a clean install same thing

Can you please provide your hardware and Operating system details.

JCitron - Suggest also check the integrity of the path file redirect in your Users AppData directory. (userdata-redirect-map.txt)
It might still be showing the path to older, removed build installations or spurious userdata folder locations.

CM opens as usual, but now when I click "List Dependencies" I get this (and it is not resizeable):

g7h8yq.jpg

I have not been able to reproduce this on our test machines. Would you (and the others who experience it) be able to submit a bug report: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Please include your hardware, as well as your O/S version so we can check for any correlation.

JCitron - Suggest also check the integrity of the path file redirect in your Users AppData directory. (userdata-redirect-map.txt)
It might still be showing the path to older, removed build installations or spurious userdata folder locations.

Thank you, PC_Ace. I did already and it's fine.

"c:/program files/n3v games/trs-plus-beta" "C:/Users/jcitr/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs22/build v3f7ayxm1"

I also tried the shorter path to the data folder on E:/TRS22_BETA_DATA

and neither worked.

BOINK, gone.

The kicker is it works fine on my laptop including the same data. It took some time to load being the laptop is older and from a USB drive, but it didn't crash which I was testing.

Back