Trainz Plus Beta update available - Build#118495

The person is still using my name. What can I do? I changed the password. He still uses my name, I asked Tony to help me, but had notice of any kind.

RJ Artim.

Last edited:
installed and a EDBR is underway can't wait to see what has changed, update: the frame rates with the Direct X 11 is amazing, great work!

Last edited:
It could be my imagination,
but I am seeming to getting much better FPS and smoothness in my high content areas.

Then we must have the same imagination. That was the first thing I noticed on my beta build when driving through a high density asset area. Switching to the non-beta build running the same route at the same location on the same computer seemed to confirm it.

CM opens as usual, but now when I click "List Dependencies" I get this (and it is not resizeable):

Cannot repro here. Reboot your PC, start Trainz, open CM, resize the CM window, restart Trainz and then retry your original steps.

Running build 118495. All my routes and sessions run as expected. Don't see any difference between this build and 117669 in the routes and sessions. Mybe there isn't any. The database repair took a long time to complete (20 minutes)

The only issue, and this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, is that in "Manage Content" the "List Dependencies" window doesn't expand. You have to scroll the window to see the all the columns.

I am using a different install to test this new build. I am assuming because of the new file format that stuff created in build 118495 cannot be used in build 117669.

Then we must have the same imagination. That was the first thing I noticed on my beta build when driving through a high density asset area. Switching to the non-beta build running the same route at the same location on the same computer seemed to confirm it.

LOL!:D Confirmed much better frame rates all the way through my Large Route.
Very impressed with this update, full data base repair took less than 5mins to finish due to SSDs
Saving my Large map takes a bit longer than before, but a good trade for better Performance.
Cheers!

I have questions, you have provided patches to existing installs but recommend a clean install? I don't have a lot of DLC installed in Trainz + but should they be uninstalled prior to patching? Will I see a drive space reduction in the program folder and the data folder with this patch or will that require a clean install?

Lastly, will a change list be made available at some point? To be honest, I'm thinking of skipping this build as I have very little interest in MPS and it seems less than stable.

It is recommended to use a fresh local data folder, in case the user has any modified assets, which could cause the update to fail. It is a recommendation, not a requirement.

You should see an immediate reduction in storage use, for both program folder (10G down from ~21.6G) and in the data folder (amount depends on which and how many *.tzarc)

Last edited:
I should have responded earlier Laurence, but a belated "welcome aboard" the Trainz Forums. Congrats on your first Trainz external beta release. I am certain that you will receive a lot of feedback, some good and some .... well that goes with the territory.

Keeping up the posts about change logs, which can be difficult when changes can occur so rapidly in beta testing, will keep many of the "punters" happy.

My thoughts.

Thank you for the links. Before I explore them can Laurence or yourself verify that this build was tested on a Win 7 install? If so, what is the date of the dxgi.dll file on those install(s)?

Although its weekend and the internet in Thailand is occupied by most thais the speed for dl is accordngly starting friday until tonight.
I tried since yesterday to dl the 118495 but failed each time until today noon it seemed to calm down and got a steady dl showing. 4 hours dl being patient no T storms yet...
Around 4:30 pm finally installed and up and running!
No faulties, no missing stuff almost perfect right?
My rig is capable of a lot good things and this 118495 version looks to be a gem so far smooth no hickups.
So in for a lot of fun working on Greater Calgary with all sliders full, no restriction, smooth sailing.
Let's see tomorrow what working with surveyor 2.0 will bring.
So far job well done Brisbane gang.

Roy:wave:

Cannot repro here. Reboot your PC, start Trainz, open CM, resize the CM window, restart Trainz and then retry your original steps.

No effect.

The only issue, and this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, is that in "Manage Content" the "List Dependencies" window doesn't expand. You have to scroll the window to see the all the columns.

Paul_Bert has the same glitch, so the issue is not at my end.

HPL - Try using your mouse cursor to click-hold-drag the top of the improperly-formed windowed filter down towards the centre of the display.
That fixes this issue for me and any subsequent dependency listing then appears in a window correctly displayed.

Last edited:
No effect.

Paul_Bert has the same glitch, so the issue is not at my end.

I have the same glitch.

I found a workaround: Reduce the window with the dependencies before closing it. The next time, the window with the dependencies will open reduced. Then you can fully expand the window and the fully expanded window is ok.

Regards
Swordfish

Switchblades are still missing (just experienced in the Beloreck DLC route: all blades are missing all along the route!).

Last edited:
Back