Trainz Plus Beta update available - Build#118495

I've sent my report in. I can confirm that I have the same problem as HPL with CM in full screen mode.

My hardware:
* Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
* NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12.0 GB)
* 16GB RAM
* x1 4TB SSD; x1 4TB HDD

My OS details
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎6/‎5/‎2022
OS build 19044.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Cheers

I have not been able to reproduce this on our test machines. Would you (and the others who experience it) be able to submit a bug report: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Please include your hardware, as well as your O/S version so we can check for any correlation.

I have this issue also. The screen only appears when you click on an asset in CM and choose "dependence's."

Windows 11 Home
Dell XPS 8940 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.50 GHz
32MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Drive C 1TB SSD T22 Install
Drive D 2TB HD T22 Data
Drive E 2TB HD temp files
Drive F 2TB External
Drive G 1TB External

John

Am beginning to suspect that the common denominator here is a 30s series RTX card reacting to some changes made to the TRS22.exe executable and/or .dlls for rendering DirectX 11 and ('coming soon') DirectX 12.
No reports of this CTD issue from GTX cards or AMD ones...
Can you please confirm n3v_laurence?

Last edited:
I've sent my report in. I can confirm that I have the same problem as HPL with CM in full screen mode.

My hardware:
* Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
* NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12.0 GB)
* 16GB RAM
* x1 4TB SSD; x1 4TB HDD

My OS details
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎6/‎5/‎2022
OS build 19044.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Cheers

I now have a successful repro for the List Dependencies for Content Manager in Full Screen Mode. The report was very helpful, thank you.

I have added this to the known issues list and also added the Change Log. These can be found on the first reply of this post.

Last edited:
I'll ask again. Was this build tested on the minimum system requirements listed for Trainz Plus?

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5 3GHz 64Bit Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 35 GB available space

Build 117669 runs perfectly on my setup and this build fails to start. While I may have an issue with my setup as Tony suggests, my setup has no problems running running hundreds of games under Steam using DirectX 11. See my earlier post for the error message.

I'll ask again. Was this build tested on the minimum system requirements listed for Trainz Plus?

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5 3GHz 64Bit Processor
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 35 GB available space

Build 117669 runs perfectly on my setup and this build fails to start. While I may have an issue with my setup as Tony suggests, my setup has no problems running running hundreds of games under Steam using DirectX 11. See my earlier post for the error message.

We've confirmed there is an issue currently on Win 7 with the beta. We're looking into it.

Mac Trainz Plus 117688 to Trainz Plus Beta 118533 Patch is now available on Trainz Plus Beta patch stream
MacOS Steam 118523 is also available via [trainzplusbeta]

For Steam (Mac & Windows), go to properties > Betas > Enter beta code “trainzplusbeta1” and click on Check Code. Then select trainzplusbeta from the dropdown listing to update.

I have an update to my saga with the CTD. This is 100% related to my desktop install which I need to investigate further. I installed the beta on my old Alienware laptop, and it loaded without issues.

What's the difference?

Is it hardware?

The desktop, running Windows 11 is an i9, GTX3080, 64GB RAM, with multiple hard drives and two displays.

The laptop is an old Skylake i7-6700HQ, GTX980Ti (Laptop) with 32.GB RAM and two hard disks.

The other difference is there was no older TRS19/plus/22 version installed on the laptop, or at least in a very long time and that was removed.

Connecting to the same database, as used on the desktop, also works fine on the laptop.

Processor I7-10700 2.90 ghz
Ram 16.0
GeForce RTX 2070 Super
window 10
on a 2 TB drive

Could I have you both submit a bug report: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Please add those hardware specs to the report.

Does the CTD occur with a new local data folder as well as your currently installed local data folder?

N3V could you please explain why those routes have all been reverted to older versions?

The Content Store showed an update was available for "West from Denver". Once "updated", version :14 has been deleted and version :12 re-installed, and now CM says: "Packaged, Newer version available, Payware" for this one and: "Not Installed, Payware (not active)" for :14. So the "update" didn't upgrade the route but downgraded it instead! Same issue with "Lafond Regional Railway", "New South Wales Region", "Switch Model Railroad" and "Geneva Sub Division".

Last edited:
Could I have you both submit a bug report: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Please add those hardware specs to the report.

Does the CTD occur with a new local data folder as well as your currently installed local data folder?

Hi Laurence,

I submitted a bug report with hardware details.

Yes, this occurs with either a small (base) install with or without the TRS22 assets, and also with my cloned database. Initially, I thought it was my cloned data that was causing this.

Feel free to contact me for more information if you need to.

An interesting signal issue with this build.

i have several routes using the USA 04 signal. When I run the session with the bar at the bottom which shows the signals and other stuff ahead, there are times when the track side signal shows red but the information on the bar shows either yellow or green. The train follows the signal information indicated on the bar, not the track side signal. Checking this out more, but it seems to happen when the signal is in close proximity to a switch. Replacing the signal does not seem to help.

If you are running the route with the bar turned off (F5) it appears like the train is running through a red light, but it isn’t looking if you have the bar activated.

It is a long time bug for me, but the routes (e.g. UMR or the CRM series) don't use USA 04 signal.

It is a long time bug for me, but the routes (e.g. UMR or the CRM series) don't use USA 04 signal.

I switched out the USA 04 signals with the Tume signals to see what happened. This seemed to fix the problem I will try this on my other routes which had the same problem and see what happens. Must be a bug in the USA 04 signal which appears in this build. Thanks for the input.

Paul,

I run into similar problems yesterday while working with interlocking towers defining path and test suddenly while testing the entry signal not switched from red to green until i thought replace the signal and see it worked again.
I even had CTD's when changing a certain path direction and repro possible. Deleted the path and added new no clone and it worked again.
Yesterday I noticed but not sure this was in the former version the interlocking tower path definition normally change switch direction too right?
All switches stay in their original position on this path and funny enough the test of the path did still work in driver....arrgh. try find out more today.
Other than that 118495 is for me a real nich new upgrade! (sofar)

Hughes, good to see Laurence found the bug and could repro it, nasty little one!

N3V could you please explain why those routes have all been reverted to older versions?

These packages haven't yet been updated for the new platform, and as such, is incorrectly updating to older assets. We are in the process of updating them.

West from Denver simc:733 should now update to v14.

Just saved and exited the game after playing around with my route in Serveyor.
Then went straight back in. After clicking Edit Route it came up with the option to use or disregard changes ( selected use ) I thought this only happened if the game crashed or say PC shutdown without saving.
Anyway after 15 - 20mins with no visible sign anything was happening I had to end the process.
Tried going in again and it just hung
Did an EDBR and then tried again it loaded in about 40sec

Back