2019 user what do I buy?

If you want you can subscribe to a membership @ trainz Portal that will provide you access to 22 & S20 (that’s Trainz+) instead of buying the item off at a ridiculous price. It surely be worth getting it recommend you shoot 4 gold, yearly subscription. No limit, just buy the dlcs 4 free from Content Vault.

regards,
darrren

If all you want is the basic TRS22 with no commitments (i.e. subscription) or frills (extra features, routes, free DLC, etc) then buy the retail version which I just noticed has been discounted 15%. But since you already have TRS19 Platinum Edition then I do not think that you would notice any significant advantage in TRS22 retail over TRS19 Platinum (but that is just my opinion).

The TRS22 Subscription and TRS22 Gold membership (which are actually Trainz Plus Subscription and Trainz Plus Subscription + Gold) come with a lot of extras but at a higher cost, naturally. With those two subscriptions you will get the Trainz Plus version of TRS22 which is better than the retail version of TRS22, and if you keep the subscription, it will automatically be upgraded to the next release of Trainz (e.g. TRS24 or 25) and you will receive regular feature updates and new tools that the retail versions will not get.

It all depends on your individual needs and circumstances.

By all means, all content availability is limitless once you’ve hit the high stakes out of all other subscriptions and that you remain as a subscriber.

I'm mainly interested in newer surveyor tools. Apologies I've been away for a bit and haven't been keeping up on what's what. Last I knew there was to be a new surveyor with the ability to copy and paste between routes?

I'm mainly interested in newer surveyor tools. Apologies I've been away for a bit and haven't been keeping up on what's what. Last I knew there was to be a new surveyor with the ability to copy and paste between routes?

That narrows your options then as the new surveyor is only available in Trainz Plus or Trainz Gold Plus subscriptions, Plus is cheaper than Gold but doesn't include the free access to DLC Payware.

If you like hard copies of trainz and if your 2019 is one I'd stay with that. 22 is digital only if you like DDL stuff. 22 is ok but I'm not that impressed with it myself but I have built a route in it called 4-track fun.

Back