Trainz version of 2 Famous PA Viaducts?

VanEsto

Had a question, maybe someone out here has a suggestion for an answer.

I'm making a route, but I want to *steal* (for lack of a better term) 2 specific Bridges/Viaducts (or at least splines in their design) to use:

Starrucca Viaduct

266403456h3w46549jsw54492k24556372.jpg

and Tunkhannock Viaduct

5182399671523r1g1i09967980.jpg

((Note: A Big Boy going across an old Lackawanna bridge. There's porototypes for everything..... And yes, I figure that's when they were moving the engine to Steamtown in Scranton.))

Does anyone know of any Bridges or Splines on the DLS (or that can be DL'd from a 3rd Party Site) that look similar enough to these? I've searched some, but it hurts my head. Figure someone out there has tried to model it, so anyone got any suggestions?

I get a security waring that the files contain code to "examine" your system. Probably not true BUT... The photos look great. Excellent production of lifelike images. Art on a PC. I am tempted to ignore the warnings but.....???

Attoine, have you had any trouble with security on this art?

Richard

Although I use a download manager program when I visit a trainz website (copy download link and paste in the manager), I have tried downloading viaduct3 and without problems with the mediafire.com link, the Norton antivirus has not said anything.

When you click the picture to go to the Mediafire page, then instead of clicking the Download button, right click it and choose "Save link as". It will download the file without triggering ads and popups.

Bendorsey made the Starrucca Viaduct: 'Starrucca_Viaduct', <kuid2:210518:2290:2>. Magicland made the Tunkhannock Viaduct: 'tunkhannock', <kuid2:58843:39501:1>. Magicland also made a model of the Starrucca Viaduct: 'starrucca', <kuid:58843:39500>. All of these are on the DownLoad Station (DLS)

I get a security waring that the files contain code to "examine" your system. Probably not true BUT... The photos look great. Excellent production of lifelike images. Art on a PC. I am tempted to ignore the warnings but.....???

Attoine, have you had any trouble with security on this art?

Richard

Hi Richard,

I can assure you that there is absolutely no poblem with this link. I've downloaded a lot of assets without issues.

So ... let's go !

Best regards.

Bendorsey made the Starrucca Viaduct: 'Starrucca_Viaduct', <kuid2:210518:2290:2>. Magicland made the Tunkhannock Viaduct: 'tunkhannock', <kuid2:58843:39501:1>. Magicland also made a model of the Starrucca Viaduct: 'starrucca', <kuid:58843:39500>. All of these are on the DownLoad Station (DLS)

I was not aware of these...... Welp, I know what I'm using then. *L*

The D&H under the Starrucca Viaduct was ripped up in the mid-late 1980's, north of Carbondale because D&H preferred the ex-DL&W/EL route across the Tunkhannock Viaduct because the route is straighter. Both routes go from Scranton, PA to Binghamton, NY. I guess D&H got trackage rights on the DL&W/EL line which was owned by Conrail I believe, then sold to CP and now NS in late Sept. 2015. There is a blank DEM of the D&H between Wilkes-Barre and Nineveh, PA. There is also the Erie route from Binghamton to Port Jervis, NY but it might have been on fishlipsatwork's external site since it's a large file size but his site is gone although you could access it on wayback www.fishlips.net/Trainz and see if it downloads, the file might be called Binghamton. Here is the link to the file. https://web.archive.org/web/20120803194022/http://www.fishlips.net/Trainz/Binghamton NY/ There is another file on the DLS from Port Jervis to Suffern, NY if you trim boards and combine them you will have the Erie or EL now NYS&W/NS/NJT/Metro-North between Binghamton, NY and Suffern, NY. There was a file for the NJ segment to Hoboken but that was on Fishlip's external site and the download is broken. It was called Woodbridge I believe.

Last edited:
You painted a really pretty picture of the demise of the D&H. Actually, it was stinking Guilford, later renamed Pan Am Railways that did that along with the Maine Mountain Division and many other lines in MA, NH, and CT. After they killed the D&H, they put it into bankruptcy.

Sadly, that line will never come back like the others, but the good news is this corporate hack of a company, whose CEO came from the Penn Central and felt that 25 mph was a bonus, and that 10 mph was good enough, is no longer and is now part of CSX. The company had track so bad on the mainline that trains outlawed. This was once a 40 mph, freight mainline except for some curvy and hilly track in Western MA, and 60 mph passenger. They let the CONN-River line rot down so bad that Amtrak sued them and moved their operations to the New England Central (nee CV, now GWI property), requiring an awkward switching and backup move at Palmer to get to the NECR. This was actually better than the 10 mph or less that Guilford did to the CONN-River line. Yards and some branches were so bad there were standing derailments in yard. Trains were never maintained properly and caught fire, ran out of fuel, and chronically ran out of fuel.

I have merged DEM by fishlipsatwork from Binghamton, NY to Suffern, NY. The Suffern to Port Jervis DEM is on the DLS. The Port Jervis to Binghamton DEM was on his external site but his site no longer works and the file on wayback archive doesn't download right, it looks like it downloaded but it failed and showed 0 bytes. But, I have the DEM backed up on a CDP. It's a pretty large file, though. VanEsto, do you already have DEM of the Starrucca area? I also have a DEM I made and joined with one of Fishlips DEM's that goes north of Scranton through the area where the Tunkhannock (Nicholson) Viaduct is. I think it goes as far as where I could join the Binbghamton DEM with it. That DEM goes from Sunbury, PA to Scranton, PA with my extension toward Binghamton as well as the Delaware Lackawanna/Steamtown Pocono line and Carbondale line merged in. The DEM's just have a few DLS items on them so far like stations, and track might be from an external site. ST #132 Jointed Rail Track but it is not procedural with the switch points. I could replace it with procedural track in TANE SP4 or TRS 19 Platinum. What I need now are the NJ segments of the ex-DL&W and ex-Erie (which merged in 1960 to form Erie Lackawanna which lasted until Conrail Day 4-1-1976). They aren't on the DLS or any external site and Fishlips DEM south of Suffern called Suffern-Woodbridge doesn't download from wayback archive. The page where the file was wasn't archived.

A bit OT, but thanks for the link to Fishlips, rwk. I got some DEMS for the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately, the Portland-Dalles was never captured, it is one I have sought for years.

The problem is that some of the DEM files aren't there or download an empty file. It's hit or miss on wayback with defunct sites.

It looks like the ones I got are good. Hermiston - North Powder, Everett - Wenatchee, Spokane - Leadpoint, Milwaukee West (Tacoma - Ellensburg), Wenatchee-Spokane. A lot of good routes can be developed from these. Portland - Dalles would kind of be the Holy Grail though. It's the one I have always requested when surveys or forum threads ask what route I would most like to see. The Columbia gorge would look fantastic in Trainz! Thanks again for the link!

Back