Walk and Drone Cameras.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hey everyone, I’ve been using the Walk and Drone camera views from Platinum edition for a while now to record videos with, and I’ve noticed that changing my XYZ position while in drone and walk mode is just fine, but changing the camera angle is very jagged and rough. I’ll try to pan the camera slowly to take in the view of an oncoming train, however it feels like the camera is locked to a grid and only moves on the grid (see my YouTube channel for examples).

The Freeroam, Trackside(?) and Chase cameras all have smooth rotation and panning, but do not have the best movement.

Why is this the case? Using invisible trains as cameras works just fine until you realize you can’t blow the horn of the train, notch it up or down, ring the bell, etc., which defeats the purpose of having a Trainz railfanning video.

Can anyone help me remedy this? I still want to keep the ability to operate the train, but be able to pan the camera smoothly like the Freeroam camera.

Thanks!

Try pressing the SHIFT-key while panning and moving the camera. I use that for fine adjustments such as when being trackside and watching trains pass by, or to simulate being on a train platform along with other passengers.

Back