Water Reverts To Default Colour When Saving

Vern

Trainz Maverick
I know TRS19 is probably no longer supported but wonder if anyone has come across this one?

I always set the water in Environment to 0,0,0 on the RGB dials in Surveyor for the best effect with texture underneath. However I have started to notice whenever I save the route in Surveyor the dials are returning to the default setting which is a kind of indigo blue. This seems to be something new and I certainly never noticed it until a few weeks ago. Has a bug crept in somewhere or otherwise what do I need to do to lock the water colour? The sky settings are staying where I moved the dials to.

The first step is to eliminate the possibility of a conflict between the water colour setting in the route and the water colour setting in the session. The two can have different settings in which case the session settings will take priority. The simple fix is to make sure that the two settings are the same.

If that fails then check the water colour setting in the region (you can never have too many water color settings). This should have been over-ruled by the environmental settings but you never know.

As a last resort I would blame the current heatwave you are experiencing - how is Sunny Swindon coping?

Last edited:
I'll try that and yes it was too hot to fire up the laptop today, maybe tomorrow, though the way the media go on you'd think we never had a hot sunny day before! Some of us were around in the summer of '76, long before global warming was a "thing" and we just went out to enjoy the sunshine.

you'd think we never had a hot sunny day before! ... and we just went out to enjoy the sunshine.

As we discovered in our many heatwaves (40C and above) over the years, "getting out to enjoy the sunshine" is the worst thing you can do. But then for us a "freezing" winter day would be in the mid teens (15C here yesterday for example) so it is all relative.

In a heatwave if we don't have adequate aircon at home we head for the coolest places with aircon we can find - such as movie cinemas, shopping malls, pubs and the like. The beach would be at the very bottom of my list - the temperature of the sand alone would be many degrees higher than the air temperature.

Sorry to bump, but this still seems to be an issue. Regardless of whether I change the water colour in the route or session, or subsequently merge the two together, next time the route is opened it goes back to default. Happens on Transdem and non Transdem (model etc.) routes alike.

Really scratching my head now.

Try merging the route with bad water into a new single-baseboard route with good water and not the other way around. This sometimes fixes weird things like that.

You may need to perform and EDBR. Press CTRL while selected Rebuild database from the developer menu since this is a global and not a local issue.

Hot summer days. We had enough of those this year including a nasty drought. We had months of hot weather with temps no lower than 30 with very little rain, measured in a single centimeter if we were lucky. This is in an area with high humidity and moderate temperatures during the summer months with only a few weeks of hot weather and the rest in the 20s.

EDBR didn't solve it. At an early stage of the route anyway so time to mull over. It's something that seems to have crept in with the last service pack.

Out of curiosity, does it occur in TRS22? If not then by the time the route is far enough along it might be going for a few £££ off in the seasonal Steam sales at which point I will probably indulge.

EDBR didn't solve it. At an early stage of the route anyway so time to mull over. It's something that seems to have crept in with the last service pack.

Out of curiosity, does it occur in TRS22? If not then by the time the route is far enough along it might be going for a few £££ off in the seasonal Steam sales at which point I will probably indulge.

TRS22 doesn't exhibit that issue and I recommend upgrading anyway because the performance is much better. Be aware that there is stricter control and error reporting with scripted assets which are in the process of being updated. With that said, I haven't run into any of those issues with my content I have installed, and I have plenty of content.

There was an issue with TRS19 and early TRS22 where environmental settings weren't saved. Are you using SP5, or one of the earlier ones?

I think it's SP5 John.

And I definitely hear what you say about '22. Time to bank some Steam vouchers ready.

Back