Does T-Mobile block the Trainz Download Station?

AV3

So this is a question I've had for a while and I've finally decided to ask this on the forums. I've been having problems with the DLS for quite a while now. Every time I attempt to download something off the download station, I get this error, "Unable to download asset <kuid:x:x>. Connection interrupted." I started getting this error around late 2020 after my internet network had been switched to Tmobile 5G internet. Originally I thought the error was caused by the fact my internet was wireless as I've heard that wireless internet connections don't work well with the DLS. I switched to an ethernet cable but the problem still occurred. After this, I started to suspect it might be Tmobile itself blocking the connection. I do know that AT&T blocked DLS Connections at one point in time but I'm not sure if this was ever fixed. If anyone who uses Tmobile 5G internet happens to be reading this, do you by any chance have the same problem or have had the problem at one point in time? If so, is there a fix to it? I don't really expect anyone from N3V to see this but if so, I would really like to know if Tmobile indeed blocks DLS connections. Anyway, I think I've explained the problem I'm having at the moment well enough so I'll end this post here. If anyone knows any fixes for this problem, feel free to post them in this thread.

Can you download a cdp file from the DLS website (link at the top of the page)? If so, it's not your ISP but your computer. If you have any firewalls, you'll want to white-listing trainz and/or content manager.

peter

It appears T-Mobile are blocking UDP on 5G for some strange reason, it works on 4G I believe may be related?

Found this https://community.t-mobile.com/network-coverage-5/network-blocking-udp-36746

Also seems to be problems with connecting to certain sites according to a Thread on 11 Forums, not sure that's related though.

Another option could be they are blocking port21 which Trainz uses and which being the FTP port may have been blocked as apparently Microsoft have deemed FTP as a security risk, most browsers are by default blocking it. Poosibly T-Mobile have gone one step further and blocked it at their end, may be worth checking if it's blocked in the router though?

Can you download a cdp file from the DLS website (link at the top of the page)? If so, it's not your ISP but your computer. If you have any firewalls, you'll want to white-listing trainz and/or content manager.

peter

I wouldn't know about the website as I do not have an FTP server which I believe is what the DLS website requires to download CDPs. Correct me if I'm wrong on that though. As for the firewalls. I have TRS2019 white listed on my firewall and on my anti virus software.

Back